• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financing

Buying laptops are or computers in general is not cheap. Would be a nice idea to have a financing option. Obviously something you would want to work out with a bank or lending service.
    Sager NP9170 | Core i7-3610QM | 16GB DDR3 | AMD 7970m | SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD | 500GB HD <-Ordered 6/6 - Shipped
    Clevo W860CU
    | Core i7-720QM | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia 280m | 500GB HD
    << FOR SALE $500 obo

World Entrepreneurs Network

Also, a suggestion to anyone planning on purchasing a laptop. These laptops are not necessarily "needed" in most cases, but are a luxury item. My advice to all is to make sure that you either have the money to buy one of these laptops on purchase or are confident that you will be able to pay it off in a timely fashion. Waiting until you can afford it is not necessarily a poor decision in this area of business, as a more technologically advanced model will most likely be offered and will be a better investment. I hate to see people part with their laptops when they realize they overshot their budget. So please take these words into mind when you decide to purchase your laptops here and you will save both yourself and Xotic any potential problems or frustration. Thanks and please don't hesitate to buy Xotic, you won't regret it!
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Financing in no way means you can not afford it. However most do not want a one time dent of $3000+. Sometimes it works to spread it over 2-3 months instead.
      Sager NP9170 | Core i7-3610QM | 16GB DDR3 | AMD 7970m | SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD | 500GB HD <-Ordered 6/6 - Shipped
      Clevo W860CU
      | Core i7-720QM | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia 280m | 500GB HD
      << FOR SALE $500 obo

World Entrepreneurs Network

Comment

I know what financing is, but many times it is used because a person does not have all the money at one time and instead plans to pay it off in dividends. It is just my personal feeling that paying in full is a safer route of business for both Xotic and the customer.
        Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
        4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

Financing

clintre,
          Would be a nice idea to have a financing option. Obviously something you would want to work out with a bank or lending service.
          I’m sorry, we don’t have any financing options available, however, You can sign up for PayPal Buyer Credit or contact E-Wisdom where you can get a credit card with 0&#37; interest for 1-2 years and it would function the same as a loan.

OregonCoastGamer,
          These laptops are not necessarily "needed" in most cases, but are a luxury item.
          For certain customers these high end notebooks are needed. For example: customers that need these laptop for business work including but not limited to; video editors, photo editors, autocad users, etc. These customers would need a high performance notebook as time is money.
          Last edited by [email protected]; 05-05-2008, 11:02 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I don't want what I said to come across with poor intentions, as I do understand that some people require high performance laptops. In my case I purchased the laptop for gaming purposes and also CAD for the future. Ever since that guy had to resell his laptop on the forums, I just would hate to see it happen again. All I want is to promote some financial awareness among buyers, as these laptops are a BIG investment to many people and they should make sure that they can afford the repurcutions. Hopefully that makes my post a bit clearer and more helpful to new customers.
            Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
            4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

Well said

Comment

i just wanted to get ti paid off all at once, and i STAY broke or in "the negative" lmao so i opted to take out a loan from my 401-k. never had to speak to anyone on either side either. now all im doing is paying myself back. hehehe
                Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

bargegod, I'm in debt to the fiercest loan shark of them all, my hubby. I'm borrowing against his education fund, and I'm paying him back with 10% interest compounded monthly. Better than paying a CC at 29% or whatnot. He's happy, doesn't feel guilty about his Canon D40 'Papa Razzi' setup, and I'm happy cuz I don't have to save up first. I like 'Loot first, Pay later' *eg* I just hope he doesn't breaka my knees if I'm late lol
                  Proud Mom of a:
                  SAGER NP9262
                  Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
                  nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
                  4,096MB DDR2 800
                  RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
                  8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
                  Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

hahaha, yeah i remember readin an aforementioned post of urz stating the operation of ur funding. hehehe hey itz alll good. thats the real IN HOUSE financing too hu. lmao
                    Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

financial aid college refund check for the win!!!

I hope it comes soon
                      **:laugh:Sager NP5796:laugh:**
                      -17" 1680x1050 glossy screen | Intel P8600 Montevina core 2 duo 2.4 GHz | 512mb Nvidia GeForce 9800M GT DDR3 | 4GB DDR3 dual channel memory | 320 GB 5400rpm HDD | Vista Premium 64-bit OS | Integrated Fingerprint reader | all the other goodies and an AWESOME custom skin! ^_^

Xoticpc.com FTW! :XPCS::notworthy

Comment

I know what its like to have to pay back a loan. I opted to wait and work the entire summer to save up enough money for my Sager. I'm glad I did because now I don't have to worry about paying anything back to anyone. Its mine and mine. That 3500 was one big chunk of change though and it was the largest payment I've ever wired through to buy a computer. Thats about the cost of my Dad's land (2 acres out in the boonies of WV). He was dumbfounded when I told him how much I spent on my computer. He's still in the 90's when computers were just blooming. To compare he thought $400 is alot for a computer whether it be a laptop or a desktop. He even bought a cheap cheap cheap laptop for $200 and thought it was the greatest thing although he didn't even figure out how to use it. My Dad definitely is in the stone age still, haha.

So anyways I'm mainly using my Sager for Graphic design because these lousy G5 Macs in the graphics lab at my school crawl with big files. They have tons of other applications on them as well.

The only thing I pay on continuously is my Credit card which doesn't have a huge insane limit, only about 2g's for the limit. I use that for everything (besides my Sager) from buying a drink to paying my car insurance. So its a necessity and also relieves me of having to carry cash. I hardly ever have cash with me though. Welp, that's my insight on loans and financing.
                        Sager NP5796 Custom Notebook
                        500GB 5400RPM HDD
                        17 WUXGA (1920x1200)
                        4,096MB DDR3 1066Mhz
                        Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
                        Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi 7.1 Xtreme Audio
                        nVidia GeForce 9800M GTX DDR3 DX10 1GB PCI-Express

Comment

Originally posted by Dislexi View Post
                          financial aid college refund check for the win!!!

I hope it comes soon
                          Thats one way to get fast money. I don't get anything because nothings left over when my financial aid is used for my tuition, room and board. But thankfully I have no repay loans that I have to pay back. So once I get out of college with a bachelors in Graphic design I'll be making money and be able to keep It! Yay.
                          Sager NP5796 Custom Notebook
                          500GB 5400RPM HDD
                          17 WUXGA (1920x1200)
                          4,096MB DDR3 1066Mhz
                          Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit
                          Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi 7.1 Xtreme Audio
                          nVidia GeForce 9800M GTX DDR3 DX10 1GB PCI-Express

Comment

I have a 4300 dollar laptop planned out, and am a first year university student working on writing right now. I also make independant films and am an avid gamer. I have no previously established credit, and can't get one until I turn eighteen in november. I don't have enough money for a laptop right now, at least not the one I have planned out. I make at least 900 a month and have a steady holding job, so I could reasonably obtain it within 5 months. But I am in the midst of shooting 3 different projects right now, and I want to start editing them as soon as I'm done, like in november.

OBVIOUSLY it is better to wait 5 months. But I'm impatient, and I know for a FACT that i could easily pay off a laptop on a credit card. But with no previously established credit, can I even obtain a credit card? I still have a limited knowledge on how credit cards work, so please forgive my ignorance. Is there another route I can take if I can't?

THANKS!!!

Comment

If you don't have any established credit you could still qualify for a credit card. However, the spending limit that the credit card company would provide you will probably not come close to the amount that you are looking to spend on the laptop. Generally for first time credit card users, the limit will be under a thousand. You can check out a few good websites that compare credit cards like http://www.e-wisdom.com/credit_cards/index.html?msn or http://www.cardratings.com/cardrepfr.html. Personally, i think e-wisdom has a better webpage layout and easier to navigate. You can also see if you qualify for PayPal Buyer Credit

Comment

Working...
                              X