• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What game would you like to see a remake of?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with Capcom revamping some of their fighting franchises and now Mortal Kombat having done the same, I'd like to see a few more fighting games get a remake since that seems to be working out well.

Darkstalkers, Samurai Showdown, and Battle Arena Toshinden would all be games I'd like to see get done again on the new systems.
    UOTNC/OG73ITOWT....if you don't get it, just leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowboto View Post
      Never played Eternal Darkness but that would be a good one to redo I think, I've heard a lot of good things about it and wouldn't mind playing an updated version. What is Silicon Knights up to these days? They spent all those years making Too Human and then barely a word since that point(Personally I thought the series still had potential, just certain features had to be changed such as no consequence for being killed).
      Last I heard they had their lawsuit against Epic over the Unreal Engine. I have not heard any updates on that at all. I hope they did not close their doors because I too liked Too Human and thought it was better then the reviews said. It did have some problems, but due to the PR on the lawsuit and how long it was in development the game did not stand a chance to stand up to the scrutiny of it.

I have the new Mortal Kombat game on my 360 and love it. Very good all around game.
      Sager NP8130 Owner- i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB GDDR5 DX11, 8,192MB DDR3 1333MHz, 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid,Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD,Intel® Ultimate-N 6300, Exterior Finish:
      http://www.xoticpc.com/extfinish/skins/space18.jpg

P1- 2/17/11 (Updated order on 3/1/11)
      P2- 3/21/11
      P3- 3/24/11 (Custom Paint/Skin Job)
      P4- 4/11/11
      Delivered 4/15/11 and in Gaming heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Anomander View Post
        Last I heard they had their lawsuit against Epic over the Unreal Engine. I have not heard any updates on that at all. I hope they did not close their doors because I too liked Too Human and thought it was better then the reviews said. It did have some problems, but due to the PR on the lawsuit and how long it was in development the game did not stand a chance to stand up to the scrutiny of it.

I have the new Mortal Kombat game on my 360 and love it. Very good all around game.
        Yeah, I haven't heard anything from them since Too Human. The controls were a little strange but once you understood them it worked. I loved the concept of the series, just certain design choices that really hurt it. The death thing was a biggie, it made the game simple because all you had to do was keep at it and you couldn't lose, so it lost all the challenge you would expect in a game. It was really short as well. Somehow I got a feeling we won't see anymore of that series because of the horrible reviews which will cause a lot of skepticism amongst buyers should a sequel be done. At least SK tried different things so I hope they aren't done for good.

Comment

How bout "Shining Force" for Sega??
          http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ning_Force.jpg
          Sager 8170-S1
          - Processor: -2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM, 2.2-3.3GHz, (32nm, 6MB L3 cache)
          - Graphics Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD6970 2048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
          - Ram: ~ 8,192MB DDR3
          - Primary Hard Drive: ~ 500GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)
          - Second Hard Drive: ~ 500GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)
          - Wireless Network: Intel® Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module
          - Operating System: ~Windows 7 Home Premium 64-
          Bit

Comment

I know this isn't a remake persay, but the project originally called World of Starcraft and now touting the Starcraft Universe name looks freaking sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick494 View Post
              I know this isn't a remake persay, but the project originally called World of Starcraft and now touting the Starcraft Universe name looks freaking sweet.
              I think I know what you are talking about, the mod someone made with Starcraft II?

Comment

I think I know what you are talking about, the mod someone made with Starcraft II?
                yep, it can be seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxYJmFWkdcI

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick494 View Post
                  The development tools Blizz included with SCII are simply amazing. Mod community has been able to come up with a wide variety of games using it. This is one area where I absolutely love PC gaming over console gaming. Buy one game and you can end up with a ton of other games that keep you happy for a very long time.

Closest you have to this on the consoles is Little Big Planet which offers an impressive amount of tools for a console game.

Comment

Originally posted by JP@XoticPC View Post
                    I'm only gonna say this once:

Chrono Trigger.

Or Possibly Xenogears. I know they tried to do it with Xenosaga but that was all cut-scenes.

I agree with FF VII too, I think that would make a great remake.

Also, Shadow of the Colossus, but you can actually download a PS2 emulator and boost the graphics properties yourself. (PS2 was actually designed to output 1080p resolution, believe it or not.)
                    Nice choices there, chrono trigger for sure, and I wouldnt mind xenogears. One game that not too many people talk about from the psx era is legend of legaia, that game will always have a special place in my heart and the ps2 sequel really didnt do the first game any justice. I would love a remake of this game over everything.
                    Sager np8150-s1 stock

P1-4/24
                    P2-4/26
                    P3-N/A
                    P4-4/28

Comment

The development tools Blizz included with SCII are simply amazing. Mod community has been able to come up with a wide variety of games using it. This is one area where I absolutely love PC gaming over console gaming. Buy one game and you can end up with a ton of other games that keep you happy for a very long time.

Closest you have to this on the consoles is Little Big Planet which offers an impressive amount of tools for a console game.
                      Stuff like this is why I am finally choosing to start playing many games on pc versus console, mods. The fact that someone made a fully functioning mmo from a freakin rts is absolutely amazing. I love how mods can truly enrich and expand so many games, something Ive missed out on due to gaming strictly on consoles. Ive seen the light haha.
                      Last edited by qmoney88; 04-27-2011, 01:47 AM.
                      Sager np8150-s1 stock

P1-4/24
                      P2-4/26
                      P3-N/A
                      P4-4/28

Comment

I would like to see the old game a boy and his blob, or festers quest come back. I think those games were too classic to be passed up on!

Christmas came early when i found out they were remaking / retooling the Baldurs Gate series for the newer machines! http://www.baldursgate.com the "enhanced" edition looks awesome! I enjoy the story driven rpgs rather than the point and click of the early diablo and dungeon siege games.
                        "Would you like a jelly baby?"

Comment

definitely need to remake JSRF (jet set radio future)!!!!!! idk why they havent done so already!
                          Future Sager NP9170 owner!

Comment

i think that the original battlefield games would be nice

Comment

The police quest series should be redone in some form. There's no games like them now. They could use an open world GTa style. After that I'd gave to say phantasy star iv.

-k
                              Finally added my machine here...
                              Xotic MSI-GT683DX - Intel Core i7-2670QM
                              Nvidia GeForce GTX570M, dual 7200RPM 750GB HDDs

Comment

Half life on the Cry2Engine!
                                Travis B
                                travis.b@xoticpc.com
                                Customer Loyalty Team
                                XOTIC PC

Comment

Working...