• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What game would you like to see a remake of?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What game would you like to see a remake of?

What video games that you have played (any system) would you like to see a remake of? I would love to see Eternal Darkness (Nintendo Gamecube) be redone. It had a great story line with very good visuals at the time. I think it could be redone and have some added content to make it fresh. Damn fun game and one of the reasons I kept my Gamecube around.
    Sager NP8130 Owner- i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB GDDR5 DX11, 8,192MB DDR3 1333MHz, 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid,Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD,Intel® Ultimate-N 6300, Exterior Finish:
    http://www.xoticpc.com/extfinish/skins/space18.jpg

P1- 2/17/11 (Updated order on 3/1/11)
    P2- 3/21/11
    P3- 3/24/11 (Custom Paint/Skin Job)
    P4- 4/11/11
    Delivered 4/15/11 and in Gaming heaven

Half-Life.
    Sager 8170-S1

17.3" FHD 16:9 "Glare Type" LED Glossy Screen (1920x1080)
    Intel Core i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD6970 2048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
    8,192MB DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS)
    6X Blu-Ray Read/8X DVDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
    Primary -
    120GB Intel 510 (SSD Serial-ATA III)
    Secondary -
    500GB 7200RPM
    Intel Advanced-N 6230

P1 - April 18th
    P2 - April 21st
    P4 - April 26th
    DELIVERED - April 29th

Comment

Originally posted by scar View Post
      Half-Life.
      Does half Life Steam count?
      Sager NP8130 Owner- i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB GDDR5 DX11, 8,192MB DDR3 1333MHz, 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid,Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD,Intel® Ultimate-N 6300, Exterior Finish:

P2- 3/21/11
      P4- 4/11/11

Comment

I grew up with the classic arcade games. The ones you put a quarter in. I would like them widely released. Yes I have MAME and 1500 ROM's. I had them all set up as far as XP even Vista?. I have not had the time get many working on W7. I know some are comming out on iPad. I just would like more and in PC and Android.
        G73JH-A2
        i7-720 CPU HD5870 GPU
        8GB 1333MHz DDR3 2x500GB HDD

Comment

GTA San Andreas

Overall, that was my favorite GTA. Combining that game with the graphics and controls of the games they make now would be incredible.
          ASUS G73JW (i7 740QM - 8GB DDR3 1333MHz - GTX 460M - 128GB Crucial C300 SSD + 500GB 7200RPM HDD)

Comment

Anyone know the arcade game where you were a spaceship that flew in a movie like background in a canyon? I found it!
            Astron Belt

P2- 3/21/11
            P4- 4/11/11

Comment

Originally posted by powerpack View Post
              I grew up with the classic arcade games. The ones you put a quarter in. I would like them widely released. Yes I have MAME and 1500 ROM's. I had them all set up as far as XP even Vista?. I have not had the time get many working on W7. I know some are comming out on iPad. I just would like more and in PC and Android.
              It's funny that you mention that, as I was reading this I was playing Asteroids on my iPad, always loved that game. Would be nice to have an Atari game store for PC though.
              ASUS G73SW-A1
              Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM, 2.0-2.8GHz, (32nm, 6MB L3 cache)
              nVidia GeForce GTX 460M 1,536MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
              8,192MB (8GB) DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (4x2GB)
              4X Blu-Ray Reader / 8X DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
              Pri/Sec- 500GB (w/ 4GB SSD Memory) Seagate XT 7200RPM NCQ Hybrid 32MB Cache (Serial-ATA II 3GB/s
              Built-in 802.11 Wireless B/G/N - Stock Wireless Card

Comment

I would like to see the Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Kings Quest series all remade as well as all the AD&D games through Eye of the Beholder.

Heck while your at it Wizardry, Ultima and The Bards Tale.
                NP8150-S1

Phase 1 4/18/11
                Phase 2 4/21/11
                Phase 3 N/A
                Phase 4 4/29/11

Comment

Never played Eternal Darkness but that would be a good one to redo I think, I've heard a lot of good things about it and wouldn't mind playing an updated version. What is Silicon Knights up to these days? They spent all those years making Too Human and then barely a word since that point(Personally I thought the series still had potential, just certain features had to be changed such as no consequence for being killed).

FFVII, just because a remake has been talked about for so many years and Square Enix has teased fans with tech trailers.

I'd like to see a Zelda remake even though most of the games technically involve a different guy and all that. Nintendo once did a April Fools joke where they released info and a vid about a Zelda game that took place in a futuristic setting. Epona was motorcycle and all sorts of changes along those lines. Sure it would tick off a lot of people, the joke sure did until people realized it was just that, but it's not like they can't go back to doing the regular fantasy type series later on. I'd like to see a darker, more adult Zelda game that really changed it all up and didn't do mostly the same stuff as all the other games in the series. Hopefully this "Project Cafe" system will have Nintendo reach out a little and not cater to the casual market quite as much.

Another X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, Rogue Squadron type game would be awesome. Something with large open battles in the air/space. Those games would be awesome with the multiplayer capabilities you see in games these days.

Crimson Skies is another flight game I wouldn't mind seeing a remake or sequel for, I really enjoyed that game.

Dragon Spirit for all of you old school arcade players out there.
                  Last edited by Slowboto; 04-25-2011, 08:46 AM.
                  UOTNC/OG73ITOWT....if you don't get it, just leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowboto View Post
                    Never played Eternal Darkness but that would be a good one to redo I think, I've heard a lot of good things about it and wouldn't mind playing an updated version. What is Silicon Knights up to these days? They spent all those years making Too Human and then barely a word since that point(Personally I thought the series still had potential, just certain features had to be changed such as no consequence for being killed).

FFVII, just because a remake has been talked about for so many years and Square Enix has teased fans with tech trailers.

I'd like to see a Zelda remake even though most of the games technically involve a different guy and all that. Nintendo once did a April Fools joke where they released info and a vid about a Zelda game that took place in a futuristic setting. Epona was motorcycle and all sorts of changes along those lines. Sure it would tick off a lot of people, the joke sure did until people realized it was just that, but it's not like they can't go back to doing the regular fantasy type series later on. I'd like to see a darker, more adult Zelda game that really changed it all up and didn't do mostly the same stuff as all the other games in the series. Hopefully this "Project Cafe" system will have Nintendo reach out a little and not cater to the casual market quite as much.

Another X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, Rogue Squadron type game would be awesome. Something with large open battles in the air/space. Those games would be awesome with the multiplayer capabilities you see in games these days.

Crimson Skies is another flight game I wouldn't mind seeing a remake or sequel for, I really enjoyed that game.

Dragon Spirit for all of you old school arcade players out there.

I agree with FF VII. They has teased us long enough.

Asus G73SW-3DE

Comment

I'm only gonna say this once:

Chrono Trigger.

Or Possibly Xenogears. I know they tried to do it with Xenosaga but that was all cut-scenes.

I agree with FF VII too, I think that would make a great remake.

Also, Shadow of the Colossus, but you can actually download a PS2 emulator and boost the graphics properties yourself. (PS2 was actually designed to output 1080p resolution, believe it or not.)
                      Matthew N
                      Sales & Customer Service
                      matthew.n@xoticpc.com
                      1-877-289-9684 Ext 529
                      www.xoticpc.com

I am also available via Live Chat - Monday thought Friday 9:00-5:30 Central time.
                      Add my name to the question box and it will come right to me

Comment

Originally posted by JP@XoticPC View Post

Chrono Trigger.

Or Possibly Xenogears. I know they tried to do it with Xenosaga but that was all cut-scenes.

Also, Shadow of the Colossus, but you can actually download a PS2 emulator and boost the graphics properties yourself. (PS2 was actually designed to output 1080p resolution, believe it or not.)
                        HELL YES!

Chrono Trigger would definitely be a game that deserves a remake. At least look into a sequel or something. Square is sitting on two games that people would love to see remade and probably would prefer those over the new games they are working on.

Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are getting the PS3 treatment, similar to God of Wars I & II. Not a true remake, just a graphical boost, but still better than nothing.

I'd like to see a Zone of Enders remake if we can't get a sequel for a while longer. Poor Kojima, just can't seem to pull away from the Metal Gear universe long enough to do anything else.
                        UOTNC/OG73ITOWT....if you don't get it, just leave.

Comment

Oregon Trail?
                          G73JH-A2
                          i7-720 CPU HD5870 GPU
                          8GB 1333MHz DDR3 2x500GB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by powerpack View Post
                            Oregon Trail?
                            already done, go to facebook and play Oregon Trail.

Comment

Originally posted by JP@XoticPC View Post

Chrono Trigger.

Played it twice on SNES and PS2. A group of developer actually tried to make a 3d version of this game but ordered to shutdown by Square for copyright. I would really love to see this game again but I think it's close to impossible of this happening (from what I read a long time ago).

Comment

Working...
                              X