• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laptop Bags for Sager 9262

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Bags for Sager 9262

Just curious, what kind of laptop bags (backpacks only pls) do you Sager 9262 owners use? I currently have a Targus XL but its pretty beat up, I'm about to get a new one and wondering if theres any other kind of bag out there that is bigger than that...if not, I'll just re-purchase the same bag. Thanks in advance...

I'm using a Keen bag at the moment: http://www.keenfootwear.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=400

I don't use the insert, but just slip it in and out. There is some risk of scratching the laptop surface on the zipper.

Comment

buy a PELICAN. They are among the best cases ever made. www.pelican.com
      Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

I bought the "Meta" by Spire. It replaced my North Face "Expedition" which I used for my previous laptop because I was concerned about damage by the zipper since the fit was pretty snug. It can be found at www.spireusa.com. This is without a doubt the finest laptop backpack ever made and it fits the NP9262, power brick, a 500gb external drive and my Canon 5D with plenty of room to spare. Plus it has a lifetime warranty. I guess that's all to be expected since it costs $200. But it was money well spent to protect a $3500 machine.
        Sager NP9262 w/ 17" WUXGA (1920x1200)
        Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz w/ 4GB RAM
        nVIDIA GeForce Go 8800 GTX
        200 GB x 7200 RPM SATA 3.0 HD
        Integrated TV Tuner w/ Remote
        Triple Boot XP Pro, XP Pro x64 & Vista Ultimate x64

Comment

I've been all over town today, and only found 2 bags that fit my 9262. Both by Targus.

1. Targus - Large Computer Backpack; Model: TXL617 | SKU: 6422533 Approx. $84 (I found it at the local Best Buy)

I didn't like it, since when worn, you can feel the laptop riding on your back, which would eventually become very uncomfortable, since the pack features no padding between the laptop compartment and your backside. I passed on it, for that reason alone.

2. Targus - CityGear Miami Messenger Notebook Case - Black/ Gray; Model: TCG200 | SKU: 6710026 Approx. $52 (also at the local Best Buy)

This one's a decent bag, would fit power brick, lappy, and a few more things one might want to lug around to the local LAN party. However, the strap is rather thin, and the lappy is gonna get heavy fairly quickly and cut into your shoulder (you guys may not be bothered by that, however). I just can't see myself lugging this baby thru the airport with this bag tho. It's pretty much in the car, out the car kinda transportation for me. One plus that makes this attractive to me is there's no zippers anywhere close to the laptop compartment, so no worries there.

Still no bag scored. I guess I could use some more suggestions. I'm gonna look at Calpaks.com and eBags.com. But if I can't find nothing more attractive, I'm going with a Spire...

EDIT: I went to Circuit City, Staples, Best Buy, 4T's (local puter store), Office Depot, Wolf Camera (they have some attractive Tamrac bags to lug lappy and cam equipment, but nothing for the 9262's size), and called Sports Authority on a whim (they have no laptop bags at all).

EDIT #2: I finally scored myself a bag, after some intensive searching and researching. Here's what I decided on:

Velocity MATRIX PRO Laptop Backpack; $99.99 (15.4") $119.00 (17"); SKU: SL-LP-26, SL-LP-26C from Slappa.com. They have free shipping on orders over $99.

You can find this bag way cheaper on other sites (just pricegrabber it), but there seems to be a problem with SKUs matching product pictures, tags, and sizes. So, I went the safe route and ordered from Slappa direct. If you wanna save 30 bucks or more, you can try the other merchs, but I didn't feel like risking it this time, I need a bag fast w/o headaches. :roll:
          Proud Mom of a:
          SAGER NP9262
          Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
          nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
          4,096MB DDR2 800
          RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
          8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
          Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

Update

I got the SLAPPA! bag a few days ago and it's totally sweet. It fits lappy, PSU brick, mouse, mouse pad, numerous cables and other essentials, AND my ZALMAN NC2000 cooler. All without any zippers being within scratching distance (as long as you open the bag up all the way). And they also threw in a free pouch of my choice (so I got one for my PSP). The only drawback I can see is that the pack does not have a waist strap, so all that Sager weight is on your shoulders, which could get to be a pain, depending on how long you gotta lug it.
            Proud Mom of a:
            SAGER NP9262
            4,096MB DDR2 800

Comment

Re: Update

Originally posted by TraNceD.gURL
              I got the SLAPPA! bag a few days ago and it's totally sweet. It fits lappy, PSU brick, mouse, mouse pad, numerous cables and other essentials, AND my ZALMAN NC2000 cooler. All without any zippers being within scratching distance (as long as you open the bag up all the way). And they also threw in a free pouch of my choice (so I got one for my PSP). The only drawback I can see is that the pack does not have a waist strap, so all that Sager weight is on your shoulders, which could get to be a pain, depending on how long you gotta lug it.
              Great find TraNceD! I just zipped over and for 49.99 got the 4.1 Bulkhead bag...perfect as I like the shoulder strap type a bit better than backpack...GREAT price and plenty of room for bricks, game manuals, Lapcool, etc! Heck for that price I added 12.99 for a 40 CD holder for my game CDs!

THANKS SO MUCH for the heads up on this!

later,
              pat!
              Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

With all your accessories..... how can you afford to feed your family :wink: ?
                Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
                17" WUXGA
                Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
                4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
                1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
                500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
                nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
                http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

who needs to eat? Ha! Seriously, we're in the process of a renovation and one, final refinance, so it's basically now or never!! I will say the best investment you can ever make is your own home..we're spending roughly $52,000 on finishing our basement, hardwood floors and a covered back porch and will garner about an $80,000 increase in equity...no bad deal for sure!

later,
                  pat!
                  Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

Similar deal here. My parents bought an ocean view home on the coast a few years back and we are in the process of remodeling it (120k bought; estimated at finish 500k-1m), but I had to pay off my laptop alone . Just don't become a credit addict like so many other Americans or I'll see your new laptop on the for sale thread :P .
                    Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
                    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

Re: Update

Originally posted by pad11
                      Great find TraNceD! I just zipped over and for 49.99 got the 4.1 Bulkhead bag...perfect as I like the shoulder strap type a bit better than backpack...GREAT price and plenty of room for bricks, game manuals, Lapcool, etc! Heck for that price I added 12.99 for a 40 CD holder for my game CDs!

THANKS SO MUCH for the heads up on this!
                      I'm glad it helped! And here I was starting to feel like a dork to keep posting in this thread. :o Yeah, the SLAPPA!s seem to be built to last, and the material feels high quality and soft, almost.... luxurious. Heh! Oh, and great timing, because when I went there the 4.1 was still 119 buckeroonies.

P.S. I need to paint my walls :P My house is only 2 years old hehehe I need to rip out the walls and wire some tho....CAT6 cable for lagfree fraggin' and bragging rights muahhahahaha
                      Proud Mom of a:
                      SAGER NP9262
                      4,096MB DDR2 800

Comment

The case Xotic included with my laptop is great, but I am sure the NP9262 requires a little more room :wink: .
                        Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
                        4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

I dunno. The case that came with the 9262 isn't really 'luggable'. It's more to keep the dust off than anything. It's nice that they include it, to get you started, but it's not what I'd call laptop luggage, too thin, not enough padding.
                          Proud Mom of a:
                          SAGER NP9262
                          4,096MB DDR2 800

Comment

I also think the included bag is sufficient, but not very convenient for daily use. The SLAPPA looks pretty nice.

Comment

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/CTGY/300

I had one for my voodoo it worked great. check them out, had the monolith or something like that. I travel quite a bit so it was great for grab and go.

Comment

Working...
                              X