• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaming Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Community

Just curious what games people are playing- mainly online or multiplayer games. It would be cool to play with some other Xotic PC'ers, who must also be as avid gamers as I am :wink: . If your interested, please post your games and contact program nicks. If you aren't interested in forming a gaming community, then just post your games. Thanks .

Currently Playing Online:

1) Quake Wars: Enemy Territory (-Inferno-, Xc!amation vent server)

2) Kohan II: Kings of War ([LAG]*XandersBlade*)

Xfire Profile- Alyosha16
    Comrade- [email protected]
    MSN IM- [email protected]

Although I only have two online capable games on my laptop at the moment, I have plenty more sitting around I would be willing to install.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Currently playing Shadowbane. It is a free to play MMORPG with the best PvP in any online MMORPG I have played.

Also, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Age of Conan.

That is all...

Comment

Well they won't take full advantage of these beasts, my favorite online game is still Diablo II, a instance based mprpg. I have recently started playing Ikariam which is a blast if you like REALLY LONG RTS(on the scale of months/years), plus its free
      Sager NP5792
      Alienware M11x-R1
      WUXGA Glossy
      11.6" WXVGA Glossy
      2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
      1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
      GeForce 8800GTX
      GeForce GT 335m
      4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
      4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
      200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
      128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD
      64 bit Vista Home Premium
      Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

:shock: I was expecting some more intense games to show upon here.... The games you mentioned are classics, but I myself am more into playing the best looking games on the market; that's partly why I wanted this laptop to begin with. My oldest game, that I currently still play, was made in 2004 (Only because its the best RTS game I have ever played). The rest have been released in the last year or so. Thanks for your posts! Keep them coming .

P.S.-Also awaiting Age of Conan myself 8) .
        Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
        4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

The main game that i play is World of Warcraft. Haven't really played any other games in a while. Besides a few demos here and there

Comment

I don't exactly have the best internet connection :P
            So online is a no-no for me
            But I just finished Portal!
            And currently playing Unreal Tournament 3, Bioshock, Command And Conquer Tiberium Wars Kane Edition, and The Witcher

Comment

On the PC, I'm only playing Guild Wars right now with any semblance of regularity. But I'm planning on getting Crysis as soon as I get my lappy. And a bunch of console games, that nobody is gonna be interested in, such as DDR (PS2), GH3 (PS3), Halo 2 (XBox), Okami (PS2). That's pretty much it.
              Proud Mom of a:
              SAGER NP9262
              Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
              nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
              4,096MB DDR2 800
              RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
              8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
              Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

Guild Wars is an MMORPG that I do have :lol: . I haven't played it for a while now.... sorta waiting on GW2 to come out. That games going to be awesome (Free to Play and all). I may be sharing a Dungeons and Dragons Online account with my little brother pretty soon. It's a pretty cool game if you haven't played it before and I think their monthly fee is down to ten dollars a month if you sign up by April . I would recommend any of you to check it out if you haven't already (The game can be bought for about 6 dollars including shipping on Amazon.com and that gives you a month free by itself).
                Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
                4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

i play everquest 2 my self. i have tried many of the others like wow and guild wars just to name a couple. guild wars was ok but wow was to cartoonish for me to stay with. just my 2 cents
                  soon to have np9850 , q9000 , 4 gigs of ddr 3 at 1333mhz, duel NVIDIA 280m , duel 60 gig ssd's in raid 0 and 250 gig back up!!!!!!

Comment

Aren't all games kind of cartoonish like? Has anyone had a chance to try out The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar? Was thinking about playing that as my off game when i'm not playing WoW if it's good.

Comment

My younger cousin plays LOTRO and he likes it. I played the beta, but I myself wasn't as interested, considering I already know the story so it wasn't anything new. The game was produced by the same people who made DDO (which I loved), and the integrated voice chat and graphics are big pluses. WoW does have the most "cartoony" graphics for a recent MMO (probably a developer idea) and there are other games with much more "realistic graphics". I think theres a trial for most MMOs so I would look around.
                      Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
                      4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

I play World of Warcraft, TF2, and have gone back and replayed HL2 / ep1 /ep2.

However I'm also finding this machine to far surpass my developer workstation so I easily fire off 2-3 copies of Eclipse 3.3 and hack to my heart's content.

Comment

I played BioShock on my laptop np2090
                          with 512 Nvideavideo and 1 gig of ram,
                          all effects...(with one more gig
                          it won't crash...heheheh)
                          and its amazing!
                          Also World of Kungfu and Nine Dragons.
                          Now I am off to check out Ikariam.

Comment

Games

Well once we get the beast, NP9262, I will be making up for almost eight years of not playing games. Yes, I know, but I had a choice: keep the house and white picket fence and die in my customized command chair or get off my lazy behind and go out and get a life. Sigh! I am still here, so I guess it worked.

I use to be in the top ten for years in Unreal Assault. Did OK in Counter Strike also. Still use the same 'handle' here in these forums as I did then. Anyway, being in Mexico and trying to connect to servers in USA is kind of iffy at best, especially in the afternoon or evening when school is out. Would be nice to try and hook up at some point, but I have a lot of single player games to get through. Such as: FEAR all of them (update update), The Orange Box, and Quake 4. Then I will think about getting Crysis; by then it should come down in price with a few updates and maybe a new episode. Would like to try the game Mass Effect as it looked pretty cool and is coming out soon enough.

End of story.
                            Sometimes living on a boat is like living in a cave.

Comment

I just recently did some video editing with my lappy and it worked very smoothly. Here's my first creation on my NP5792.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEXbu7J1A2Q
                              Sager NP5792

17" WUXGA
                              4 GB DDR2 667 RAM

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X