• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pat!s New Alien Desktop! (OR: A happy ending to the sad stor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pat!s New Alien Desktop! (OR: A happy ending to the sad stor

There's a reason why I purchased and eagerly await the arrival of my XoticPC Sager 9262...I had an Alienware m7700. It died, often...it was painful. When it worked, I loved it, when it didn't...ugh.

I was budgeting around $6500 to max out an m17x, this was back in January. Well, my disenchantment w/ AW's response to my problems with my 7700 led me to look elsewhere. The outstanding feedback and support of XoticPC led me to purchase a maxed out 9262 from XoticPC, giving me the most powerful laptop on the planet for MUCH LESS than I was going to spend on something that would have been 3/4 as powerful.

THANK YOU XOTICPC!

So, why this thread? Well, in the process, AW has finally stepped up to the plate and agreed to refund in full my returned 7700. I kept my Ozma 7s and returned everything else and now I have just ordered this AW desktop:

I'm pretty happy with this...it ended up being about $750 more than I was alloted, but $500 of THAT was tax and shipping, so ultimately, not too bad. Ad $550 for the new 24" Gateway HD2400 monitor and essentially, I'm forking over $1300 for the following system:

[1] Area-51® Quad Core Flagship

Processor: Intel.com" target="_blank">Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 12MB Cache 1333 FSB
    Alienware P2 Chassis: Alienware® P2 Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling - Saucer Silver
    System Lighting: Alienware® AlienFX® System Lighting - Astral Blue
    System Cooling: Alienware® Standard System Cooling
    Acoustic Dampening: Alienware® Acoustic Dampening
    Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
    Graphics Processor: Single Graphics Card - 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800 GX2 – Dual GPU Technology
    Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline v1.0: Video Performance Optimizer - More Info
    Memory: 4GB Patriot EP+ Low Latency Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 2 x 2048MB
    Motherboard: Alienware® Approved NVIDIA® nForce® 790i Ultra SLI™ Motherboard
    Includes PCI-Express 2.0, DDR3 Memory, and Support for Intel.com" target="_blank">Intel 1600 FSB
    Operating System (Office software not included): Windows Vista® Ultimate – DirectX 10 Ready!
    System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 750GB SATA 3Gb/s 7,200RPM 16MB Cache
    Optical Drives : Single Drive Configuration - 20X Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW) w/ LightScribe
    Enthusiast Essentials: Dual High Performance Gigabit Ethernet Ports
    Sound Card: High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 200-Watt THX®-Certified Speakers
    Keyboard: Gaming Keyboard - Logitech® G15 Keyboard
    Mouse: Gaming Mouse - Razer Lachesis™ Mouse
    Warranty: 3-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support w/ Onsite Service
    AlienRespawn: AlienRespawn v2.0 Recovery DVD – Windows Vista® Edition
    Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mesh Cap
    Alienware Extras: Alienware® Mousepad
    Alienware Extras: Alienware® Desktop Binder
    Alienware Extras: Owner Identification Card
    Alienware Extras: Internal Wire Management
    Monitor (Purchased locally at Best Buy): Gateway - 24" Widescreen Flat-Panel TFT-LCD HD Monitor
    Model: FHD2400 1920x1200 Resolution -- High Glossy Brite Finish

THE ONLY BAD THING: Alienware does NOT sell 64-bit Vista...why? There is NO good answer and this is ANOTHER REASON I'm sooooo pleased I went with a Sager built by XoticPC! My Sager WILL have 64-bit. What does this mean? While the desktop will have 4 gigs of ram, only 3.28 will show up as available. There are some arguments out there as to whether the rest of the ram is used or not...but i'm thinking it isn't...so that's a downer. now, I can get 64-bit Vista here at the University for a very good price, so if I notice a performance lag, I'll make that jump at a later date when it's affordable.

All in all, Thanks to XoticPC's fabulous offerings, I got the most powerful laptop on the planet and thanks to AWs refund I get a new desktop that features the most recent and future ready Chipset and a great video card and -- considering what I had expected to pay on just an m17x, I only went over that budgeted amount by $800...more than I wanted to pay, but this is for two mega computers, not one and I can live with that....

later,
    pat!
    Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Sweet
    Proud Mom of a:
    SAGER NP9262
    Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
    4,096MB DDR2 800
    RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
    8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

Congrats Pat! Enjoy yourself, and happy gaming!

Comment

thanks folks! The gaming will MOSTLY occur on my Xotic Sager! Trust me! But perhaps in the mornings...when no one is awake....hee hee!!!

pat!
        Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

My order is official, the funds are transferred from the refund and my AW rep as moved it's build to THE FRONT OF THE CUE!

THAT is sweet!

pat!

Comment

My new AW desktop has shipped!! FedEx ground for a Tuesday delivery! AWESOME!!!

pat!

Comment

Working...
            X