• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows XP x64 - NP9262

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP x64 - NP9262

Driver List - Download and put all of these on a CD, except SATA Drivers
    SATA HDD Drivers
    Intel Mobile Chipset
    Intel Pro/Wireless
    nVidia 174.93 Video Driver
    nVidia Modded INF from LaptopVideo2Go
    UAA Bus Driver XP x64 Fix
    Realtek HD Audio
    ANYCOM Bluetooth Driver
    Creative Labs Integrated Webcam - Currently Untested

The Tutorial
    After a couple of hours of searching, and a small bit of work, I was able to get this completely up and running last night after I received my new NP9262 (thanks Xotic!). Keep in mind this is not a supported OS, so you won't find much in the way of troubleshooting, but below is a list of the drivers, their download links, and the installation order for the NP9262 that will get you up and fully running. This may work on the NP5793, for the most part, but I haven't tested it.

I'll begin by assuming your new computer is clean, formatted, and ready to go.

Step 1: Prepare your Windows XP x64 Disc
    Windows XP x64 normally has issues with SATA and AHCI settings for HDDs. Especially if your system is using RAID. In order to correct this, we can use nLite, which can be found at http://www.nliteos.com/index.html

Once you have it downloaded and installed, insert your Windows x64 Disk (or Mount your ISO with a program like DaemonTools). You can download the SATA HDD Drivers from HP. You will need these, so extract them to a folder labeled "SATA DRIVERS" or something similar, then start up nLite.

One you have started up nLite and it will ask you for your Windows Installation. Navigate to the root of your CD (mounted or inserted) and select that. Then it will ask you to designate a folder to store temporary files; I suggest a new folder named "XP64" or something similar, but anywhere will do. Once this is done, hit next.

A list of options will come up. Select both "Integrate Drivers" and "Create a Bootable ISO" and hit next. (If you have a Service Pack not integrated, there is a place for this as well, though you'll need to have the Service Pack downloaded.)

Next, the option to integrate drivers will come up. Hit "Insert -> Single Driver" then navigate to where you extracted your SATA drivers. The folder will appear to have two files in it. Click either one, then hit next in nLite.

You will get a processing screen. Wait for it to finish, then a "Create Bootable ISO" screen will appear. Hit the "Create ISO" button in the second tier, save your ISO somewhere safe, and wait. Once it is finished, you may delete the temporary files (the ones that were in XP64 or whatever folder you named), then you just need to burn the ISO to a CD and you're ready to go. (I suggest NERO or MagicISO for this sort of thing. Note: You must burn the ISO, not just copy it onto the CD).

Step 2: Installing Windows
    Boot up your computer, insert the CD, and hit F2 to enter the BIOS. Use the arrow keys to navigate to "ADVANCED", go down to "Intel(R) Virtualization Technology" and set it to "ENABLED". For some reason, XP64 seems to have issues without this. Next, navigate over again to "BOOT", move down to "IDE CD" and use the "+" symbol to move it to the top of the list.

Hit F10, exit, and save.

Hit a key when it asks if you want to boot to CD, and your computer will then enter the Windows XP x64 Installation. Let it load, then select the Hard Drive you want to install it on and format (quick is probably the best here). Let it run and install, then reset, and don't boot to CD again after the installation has reset. The XP64 Installation Dialog will appear after it boots. Follow the instructions to install XP64.

Step 3: Driver Installation

Go back into your BIOS and reset your boot order to IDE HDD as first after you have XP x64 installed. Restart and let it boot all the way into windows. You are now ready to set up your computer for use.

Toss in the CD you made earlier and move all the files to your HDD. Run the "INTEL MOBILE CHIPSET", then restart if it asks you to.

Next, I ran the "INTEL PRO/WIRELESS", since I was working off a network. This will set up your wireless internet card for use. Install and reset.

At this point, the computer is likely looking laggy. This is because XP64 isn't recognizing the nVidia Drivers. To fix this, extract the 174.93 nVidia Driver to somewhere on the HD, then copy the Modded INF file into the same folder (the Driver Folder, it should overwrite something).

Next, right-click My Computer, go to Properties and follow the instructions at LaptopVideo2Go. If you have SLI, you'll need to do this for BOTH cards. Remember to thank the nice people there for their work!

FOR SLI USERS: SLI users will need to activate SLI now that both cards are recognized. Go to the Control Panel, then Double-Click the "nVidia Control Panel". Under 3D Settings, hit 'Select SLI Configuration' and set it to "Enable SLI Configuration" and hit apply. Your screen may go black. If so, simply turn the laptop off and back on, and it should be functional when you reenter Windows.

NOTE FOR SLI: If the screen looks pixelated, messy, blurry, or otherwise, once you enter Windows reset your Resolution to 32 Bit Color and a good resolution. The card likely reset you to the lowest resolution after SLI, so simply turning it back to a normal widescreen resolution should fix the issue.

Now that the Video Card(s) is (are) enabled, next is the Audio. XP64 has an issue with the UAA Bus Drivers, the Microsoft Drivers necessary for HD Audio, and normally Realtek won't install your HD Audio until this is fixed. So run the "UAA Bus Driver Fix" you downloaded previously, then reset the computer. You're going to get some messages from XP x64 on log-in, but that's alright. Just extract the Realtek Audio HD Driver, install it, and reset. Your sound should now work.

Next, install the ANYCOM Bluetooth Driver. This will set up Bluetooth Capability for the Laptop.

I haven't tested the Webcam yet, but the link above is an XP64 driver. I will update on the Webcam status later.

Step 4: Congratulations!
    You should now have a working Windows XP x64 system able to recognize all 4GB of your RAM. Feel free to back it up, install your programs, and get to playing ga--- er, working. I realize most people know how to do this already, so the driver list

~Karosu
    Sager NP9262, XP64
    Q6700, 2.67 GHZ
    4 GB RAM
    200 GB HDD 7200 RPM
    1.5 TB External RAID
    500 GB External WD HD
    X-Fi Sound Blaster 7.1
    2xSLI 8800GTX - 174.93 drivers

hey, great post Karuso!! keep it up.
    Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

Do the anycom bluetooth drivers allow you to modify the audio quality for bluetooth headphones?

Helpful links for sure.

Comment

Working...
      X