• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

command and conquer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command and conquer...

cant seem to get command and conquer generals/zero hour to run on my machine. i hv tried all i can think of. is it just not vista compatible? i thought it was cause i ran vista on an hp notebook a while back and it ran fine. well i think i had vista on it. lol help!!!
    Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Make sure you updated your game and did you try running it in compatability mode? That has worked for old games in my experience.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

i have updated the game patches, turned off my firewall, tried to run in compatibility mode, and cussed a whole bunch. lol i ran diagnostics on the game and all checks out except the OS. says something about me having windows nt. wtf? i hv vista ultimate. ive installed the game on both the 32 and the 64 bit versions. no friggin luck bro...
      Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

Personally You shouldnt be too sad, Generals is when EA started taking a major role in CnC world and they killed the series. If you havent played CnC 3 be happy I bought it and they ruined the whole game play. Also they said they made vast improvements and many additions to the game. In total there were about 10 new units not much of a story and terrible game play at best. But back to your problem. I can't think of a reason Generals would think you are running NT I would call their tech support if it exists anymore...

Comment

NT based Vista Ultimate?

Originally posted by bargegod View Post
          i have updated the game patches, turned off my firewall, tried to run in compatibility mode, and cussed a whole bunch. lol i ran diagnostics on the game and all checks out except the OS. says something about me having windows nt. wtf? i hv vista ultimate. ive installed the game on both the 32 and the 64 bit versions. no friggin luck bro...
          LOL the Ultimate series is probably NT based it is supposed to be more stable(?).... Remember Windows 2000 Professional? It was NT based and when the Microsoft Campus beta version ended up on my gaming rig, about three months prior to the release, I had a heck of a time getting drivers and games to work.......

Don't know what to say.....
          Sometimes living on a boat is like living in a cave.

Comment

I love zero hour, and i love windows xp (or rather I hate vista). Superweapons General all the way!

Does anyone know when Microsoft will stop allowing XP to be sold on new machines?

Also, I think EA will ruin Red Alert's good name with RA3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCjkAA3L1I . The sound clips used in the trailer are the same ones from RA2 (like the GI getting shot up, or the russian lady saying "Unit Lost").

Personally, I'm tired of playing Cold Warrior games against the reds. *Boots up Company of Heroes* (Now there's a fun game)
            Last edited by jonesevan007; 06-21-2008, 01:42 PM. Reason: New Stuff

Comment

yeah i bought c&c 3, and also kanes wrath. now i just play kanes wrath cause its the same game as tiberium wars except has xtra maps, new units, weapons and stuff. i love it personally. play it daily usually. lol as for vista ultimate, maybe it is considered NT. i dunno. i just remember playing zero hour on vista home. oh well. and not sure if they have support for it either being such an old game. thanx for all the info guys.

Comment

Working...
              X