• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS G73JH-A1 Owners Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, to counter the previous comment I will say I've been an owner of this laptop for over two years and haven't had a single problem with it. Everything still runs are good as the day I bought it, my only complain would be battery life, but I knew going into it that it would be horrible.

I have many Asus products (Video cards, LED and LCD monitors), 5+ motherboards, soundcard, and a tablet. Not one has let me down or made me regret my purchases, they always have good build quality and have operated without issue. I've been a loyal Asus buyer for about 8 years now and the only complaint I've ever had was when I did contact the company (IE tech support, customer service) the service was horrible. I did RMA 1 video card about 5 years ago and it was a super fast turnaround time, RMA process was fairly easy.

I have several friends and co-workers that use one-5 Asus products daily and they've always said nothing but good things about their Asus products as well.
    If you appreciate the information I give, please add to my reputation.

ASUS G73JH-A2

Core i7 720QM, ATI 5870, 8GB DDR3
    160GB Intel SSD
    & 500GB 7,200 RPM HDD
    Intel 6200 Wireless, Windows 7 64-Bit
    Ordered 2/1/10 - Arrived 3/30/10

Comment

• same here ive had this laptop about 2 yrs never a hardware issue i did have issues with the bios and conflicts with latest video card drivers from amd but a bios flash fixed that. besides that no issues

plan to get a sager late this yr or early next to replace this one

Let there Be Light.. Recieved on 5/18/10

Comment

• Hate to be a downer, but my brother also owns this laptop and had it sent in 3 times, it still has multiple BSOD/shutdown issues. Would LOVE to return it, but out of warranty. Everything else about the laptop is great, no heat issues or anything else. Luckily I know a very skilled individual who helped us narrow down the problem(RAM or mobo), and we'll be able to find and replace the problem shortly.

From all the reading i've done it appears that there were quite a bit of lemons. Pretty disappointed with Asus, and their repair center quality...
        Sager NP9150 | 1920 X 1080 95% NTSC Color Gamut | Windows 7 Professional | Ivy Bridge i7 @ 2.3ghz | 8GB 1600mhz RAM | Nvidia GTX 675M/Intel HD 4000 | Intel 6235 Wireless | ADATA 64GB MSATA SATA II SSD | 750GB 7200RPM HDD |

Comment

• Originally posted by Eckhornsol View Post
          Hate to be a downer, but my brother also owns this laptop and had it sent in 3 times, it still has multiple BSOD/shutdown issues. Would LOVE to return it, but out of warranty. Everything else about the laptop is great, no heat issues or anything else. Luckily I know a very skilled individual who helped us narrow down the problem(RAM or mobo), and we'll be able to find and replace the problem shortly.

From all the reading i've done it appears that there were quite a bit of lemons. Pretty disappointed with Asus, and their repair center quality...
          I literally got reamed, flamed, cussed out, and called all kinds of vile names when these things were just shipping (after a lot of failures being reported) for even suggesting that they were not a great product to invest in based on the failures that the machine had.

I then went ahead and traded the sager I had for one of them just to make sure I was right, lo and behold the RAM was bad. It kept BSODing on me, so I took it apart and had to fix the atrocious job they did on the thermal paste and a loose heat sink. Then it would still BSOD every once in a while, so I replaced the hard drive. That finally fixed it enough that I could sell it and never look back.

I owned one for all of 4 months, I will never own another ASUS branded laptop, netbook, tablet, or PC again. I will probably still own an ASUS branded individual component because for some reason they do that better than anything else they do.

My laptop history is as follows:

Asus G50 - stolen May 2009 (thank god because those had a bad track record with heat)
          Gateway P7805U - not a bad laptop all things considered (still in use today by who I sold it to), owned 10 months sold for
          Sager 8690 - Great laptop, owned 7 months trade for
          G73JH - as outlined.....owned 4 months
          8130 - owned for 10 months (still in use), sold for
          MSI GT783 - I might sell this if I find out that I can get buy with just a tablet and put the money into savings for when I can build a desktop again.

Comment

• Just adding my two cents: Steve and I are still in a happy relationship. We've had some ups and downs, and I may have cursed him out once, but he still works just fine.

...and now I'm worried I've jinxed myself. *knocks on wood*

Comment

• I've had mine since 2010 and only recently had a hard drive port burn out but I think it was my fault since the power plug ground prong broke off in a power strip and I plugged it into the one without the ground piece in it and must have surged it. Other than that she runs like a champ.

Comment

• Well this is probably my last post in this section, because I ordered an Asus G750JX-DB71 to replace my 3 years old G73JH-A2.

I bought my G73JH-A2 back in 2010, and since then it had shown its age and wear and tear. About one year since its use, the keyboard module broke, the battery shorted out,
                and then the cooling fans started to have loud noise problem (and subsequently the overheating problem), but it held on and served its purpose as my gaming and entertainment platform.

I heard about the new G750JX model about a month ago and thinking now it's probably the right time to change my laptop system, and I hope this new G750 gaming laptop will be more reliable
                compared to my old G73.

Looking forward to the Asus G750 owners lounge.
                Last edited by Ghostwolf; 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM.
                (Phase 4 order shipped Aug. 22, 2013) ASUS G750JX-DB71 Intel Core i7-4700HQ (2.4-3.4GHz) nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M 3GB GDDR5 RAM 32GB DDR3 1600MHz Windows 8 64-bit

Comment

• Originally posted by JKA0124 View Post
                  Just adding my two cents: Steve and I are still in a happy relationship. We've had some ups and downs, and I may have cursed him out once, but he still works just fine.

...and now I'm worried I've jinxed myself. *knocks on wood*
                  LOL, yeah, I'm still in a happy relationship with my G73JH, I've had it since April 2010 and it's always ran like a champ. Other than blowing dust out of the thing every so often I've had no system issues. The only "issue" I've had is that I broke a few keys, but was able to simply replace the keyboard from the ASUS parts store, but it's getting a old now and I'm starting to look for a replacement.
                  ------
                  Kunari

ASUS G73JH-A2 (owner)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kunari View Post
                    LOL, yeah, I'm still in a happy relationship with my G73JH, I've had it since April 2010 and it's always ran like a champ. Other than blowing dust out of the thing every so often I've had no system issues. The only "issue" I've had is that I broke a few keys, but was able to simply replace the keyboard from the ASUS parts store, but it's getting a old now and I'm starting to look for a replacement.

It's been over three years and Steve and I are still going strong. His battery died but I expected that and I never used the damn battery anyway. I'm not even sure I'll bother ordering a replacement for a while. That's the only issue I've had with him.

At some point my grad program will require me to buy a mac (*shudder*) and cut down on my gaming (*super shudder*) so I'll stick with Steve until then.

Comment

Working...
                    X