• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS G73JW Owners Lounge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordCharnado View Post
    Or how about "it's all about" a good CPU? He's posting benchmarks, but you still won't believe it? Saying that 3DM Vantage is a biased NVidia benchmarking program is a copout.
    Actually, again showing your idiocy.

The CPU test #2 is a PHYSX test that is NOT AVAILABLE ON AN ATI CARD (which is why the difference between my 10K on the CPU and his 26K, though my GPU score stomps his) and thus it gets all shunted to the CPU. The CPU is no where near as efficient or good at handling PHYSX as a CUDA GPU like even the GTX460M.

So no it's not a copout it is the design of the program and that fact that Nvidia does not allow Physx to be used by any other company. OPENCL should fix the issue, but until 3D Mark vantage (or the next version) uses it instead of an NVIDIA proprietary API then it will always be Nvidia skewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick494 View Post
      Actually, again showing your idiocy.

The CPU test #2 is a PHYSX test that is NOT AVAILABLE ON AN ATI CARD (which is why the difference between my 10K on the CPU and his 26K, though my GPU score stomps his) and thus it gets all shunted to the CPU. The CPU is no where near as efficient or good at handling PHYSX as a CUDA GPU like even the GTX460M.

So no it's not a copout it is the design of the program and that fact that Nvidia does not allow Physx to be used by any other company. OPENCL should fix the issue, but until 3D Mark vantage (or the next version) uses it instead of an NVIDIA proprietary API then it will always be Nvidia skewed.
      Of course Physx isn't on ATI cards. I was saying that it wasn't biased because it clearly wasn't meant for ATI cards. If it was, then you are right, it would use OpenCL.
      Proud Owner of an ASUS G73-JW
      9/20/2010-Phase 1 (Order Confirmation)
      9/21/2010-Order Pending Payment
      9/22/2010-Wire Transfer
      9/23/2010-Phase 2 (Sent for Custom Building / Testing / Burn In & Final QA) Sent Image for Skinning
      10/15/2010-Phase 4 (Order Shipped)
      10/19/2010-Order Received

Comment

Originally posted by LordCharnado View Post
        Of course Physx isn't on ATI cards. I was saying that it wasn't biased because it clearly wasn't meant for ATI cards. If it was, then you are right, it would use OpenCL.
        it is a benchmark, it is supposed to be used by anyone to test the GPU capabilities. That means it is biased because it uses a tech that can only be run on one companies video cards. That is the definition of biased. You might want to quit before you continue to shove your foot down your throat as it were.

Also you might want to note that I use an intel i7-720QM and he uses an i7-740QM and if you are going to try and tell me that his CPU is 2.6x better than mine, then I have an insane asylum with your name on it.
        Last edited by Maverick494; 10-06-2010, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick494 View Post
          it is a benchmark, it is supposed to be used by anyone to test the GPU capabilities. That means it is biased because it uses a tech that can only be run on one companies video cards. That is the definition of biased. You might want to quit before you continue to shove your foot down your throat as it were.

Also you might want to note that I use an intel i7-720QM and he uses an i7-740QM and if you are going to try and tell me that his CPU is 2.6x better than mine, then I have an insane asylum with your name on it.
          I'm not going to try to tell you that. I'm done arguing. You could be a little nicer about things, though. You don't help anyone by being rude.
          9/22/2010-Wire Transfer
          9/23/2010-Phase 2 (Sent for Custom Building / Testing / Burn In & Final QA) Sent Image for Skinning

Comment

Is there any driver that i could download to the change the lighting on the laptop or is that have to be installed?

Comment

I believe the only available option for the Asus G73-JW right now is the actual lighted keyboard. I thought I heard someone say that the option might come eventually where you could change the color scheme like on some Alienware computers.
              9/22/2010-Wire Transfer

Comment

changing thecolor of the ights on the g73 is a hardware mod.

Comment

Xoticpc was the first to offer this mod and its up on our config page on the g73,g53, and g51( while it lasts)

It actually turns out really well and adds that little extra cool factor I was looking for on my g73.

Comment

I came, I saw upgrades, I ordered most of them.
                    My wallet is crying but I can't wait.

G73JW with green backlight, plus various other upgrades. I have very high hopes
                    for this machine. I'm finally going to try Crysis...

-C
                    -C

G73JW-A1
                    i7-940XM CPU Nvidia GTX 460M GPU
                    12GB DDR3 1333MHz 2x500GB Hybrids
                    Green Backlit Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by Corwin View Post
                      I came, I saw upgrades, I ordered most of them.
                      My wallet is crying but I can't wait.

G73JW with green backlight, plus various other upgrades. I have very high hopes
                      for this machine. I'm finally going to try Crysis...

-C
                      Oh, I hear you. I ordered mine with the blue backlight and I can't wait to see it.
                      9/22/2010-Wire Transfer

Comment

I like normal one, white one
                        Asus G73JW-A1

The Evil

Comment

I went with the white backlight. I preferred it over the colors. I felt that it took away from the design a little, but to each his own.
                          I really wish that there was a software mod that allowed you to change it. Does anyone know if it'd be possible to mod the hardware for various colors that you could then change?

Had mine sent out yesterday thanks to Hutsady. I should be receiving it soon! I'm so excited.
                          Soon-to-be Owner of an Asus G73JW A1
                          Phase 1 - 09/23
                          Phase 2 - 09/24
                          Phase 4 - 10/07

Comment

If there was a software solution it would rely on a hardware solution. I guess I am saying if I had super man powers life would be good.
                            G73JH-A2
                            i7-720 CPU HD5870 GPU
                            8GB 1333MHz DDR3 2x500GB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by afireinwinter View Post
                              I went with the white backlight. I preferred it over the colors. I felt that it took away from the design a little, but to each his own.
                              Aside from liking green, it will lend a very military feeling to the keyboard. A lot of CIC consoles are back-lit with green or amber.

Someone once told me that green on black for NVG's isn't a fashion choice, but the best two color contrast for the human eye, which is why it was engineered that way.
                              -C

G73JW-A1
                              i7-940XM CPU Nvidia GTX 460M GPU
                              12GB DDR3 1333MHz 2x500GB Hybrids
                              Green Backlit Keyboard

Comment

I think white is a good choice. Colors are cool but white lights things up. I like my G73 very much.
                                G73JH-A2
                                i7-720 CPU HD5870 GPU
                                8GB 1333MHz DDR3 2x500GB HDD

Comment

Working...
                                X