• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help on choosing a budget gaming laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on choosing a budget gaming laptop

I am budgetting a maximum of $1500(AUD).
    I'm ideally looking for a computer that will be the best performance based computer i can buy for that amount of money. I will be playing games (such as world of warcraft, far cry 3, etc, so rpg and first person shooters, i would very much like it if the graphics and settings of the game could be on default high. Although in saying high performance hopefully that includes reliability on the model (so doesn't crash too often, etc etc.) I will also be using the laptop for university studies, were i'll be doing some programming, and media work (using adobe programs). Battery life would be great, although i'm pretty good with finding power outlets so i'm not that fussed about it.

Basically i'm not sure if i should be going for a cheaper more popular computer, and upgrading it in the customise section, or buying a more expensive model and leaving the customise as defaults.

i've tried looking up reviews for seperate models, i've had my eye on this one

Lenovo Y510p

but have recently come across a forum were people aren't happy with it.

Basically if someone could direct me to a laptop which has high performance (loads quickly, installs quickly, overall fast computer, good (if possible great) graphics, not really fussed about sound to be honest, also i enjoy watching plenty of movies and series if thats anything else to add).

I know its very broad and uneducated post, but if people could be detailed and explain in terms i'll understand that would be so appreciated

thanks in advance people

SLI on the Lenovo sounds like a good idea, but if the program or game does not support SLI, you are limited to 1 card. I would highly recommend taking a look at the Sager NP7358 or the MSI GE60 linup. These are much better machines, and will out perform, even the SLI setup in the Y510
    Best regards,
    Jake M @ XOTIC PC ; jake.m@xoticpc.com
    ---------------------------
    MY RIG ; Sager NP9175, equipped with:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU, Intel i7 8700 CPU, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2400Mhz, 256GB M.2 SSD, 2TB SSHD Firecuda.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh@XoticPC View Post
      SLI on the Lenovo sounds like a good idea, but if the program or game does not support SLI, you are limited to 1 card. I would highly recommend taking a look at the Sager NP7358 or the MSI GE60 linup. These are much better machines, and will out perform, even the SLI setup in the Y510

Thanks heaps josh! I'll start looking into both of those and I have come across both of them in my search

Comment

Working...
      X