• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i find a laptop like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i find a laptop like this?

General Questions

1) What is your budget?

I have around $3100 aussie dollars to spend
    2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    I want either a 17" or a tablet PC
    3) Please select your country's flag as a post icon and tell us what country are you buying this in.

I live in australia, and ill be buying off xoticpc
    4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    i like asus because it looks good, and its good value, but i also like sager/clevo becuase of its cpu power
    5) What tasks will you be performing with the notebook?
    ill be playing quite a few games and doing some homework, programming , but only with the 17"
    6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places or leaving it on your desk?
    Ill be taking it around
    7) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
    yes, crysis, halo 2, cod4
    8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
    i'd like around 2-5 hrs
    9) Do you mind buying online without seeing the notebook in person?
    no i dont mind, thats why im buyingoff xoticpc
    10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
    I prefer windows vista ultimate 64 -bit
    Screen Specifics

11) Would you prefer standard or widescreen?
    i like widescreen
    12) From the choices below, what screen resolutions would you prefer? (more details below) I dont mind any of the below
    Widescreen
    d. WXGA or WXGA+ - 1280x768/800 or 1440x900; Wider viewing version of XGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
    e. WSXGA+ - 1680x1050; Wider viewing version of SXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.
    f. WUXGA - 1920x1200; Wider viewing version of UXGA, good for movie viewing or spreadsheets.

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non glossy screen? (Read below on differences)
    Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
    Yes, very important
    15) When are you buying this laptop and how long do you want this laptop to last?
    ill be buying this maybe next year
    Notebook Components

16) How much hard drive space do you want; 40GB to 500GB?
    one or 2 200GB 7200rpm
    17) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?
    yes i will need all of those, or at least two

Here are two gaming notebooks that would suite your needs well. You can also consider the Asus M70SA-A1/B1 & Asus G2Sg-A1 but the Asus notebooks won't give you the same level of graphics performance as the Sager notebooks.

Sager NP5793 Custom Sager Notebook (Built on Clevo M570RU-U / M571RU-U)
    - 17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1920x1200)
    - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
    - Standard Dead Pixel Policy
    - ~Intel® T9300 45nm "Penryn" Core™2 Duo 2.5GHz w/6MB L2 On-die cache - 800MHz FSB
    - 512MB PCI-Express nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX DX10 (User Upgradeable)
    - ~ SPECIAL~ 4,096MB DDR2 667 PC2 5300 (2 SODIMMS) Dual Channel Memory (Requires Vista 64-Bit to recognize Full 4GB)
    - NP5792/5793 Orange Frame Trim Color
    - ~Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW Drive w/Softwares
    - ~ 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)
    - Internal 7-in-1 Card Reader (MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/MS Pro Duo/SD/Mini-SD/MMC/RS)
    - Internal Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
    - Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965 802.11 a/g/n
    - Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
    - Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
    - Basic Black Business Case - Included
    - Smart Li-ion Battery (8-Cell)
    - Full Range Auto Switching AC Adapter - Included
    - Integrated Fingerprint Reader
    - ~Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Installed (64&32-Bit CD Included) w/ Drivers & Utilities CD's
    - 3 Year Labor* 1 Year Parts Warranty Lifetime 24/7 DOMESTIC Toll Free Tech Support (Year2 & 3 Labor Warranty through Xotic PC)

SAGER NP9262 Ultimate Custom Laptop (Built on Clevo D900C / D901C)
    - 17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1920x1200)
    - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
    - Standard Dead Pixel Policy
    - ~Intel Core 2 QUAD Q9450 2.6GHz w/ 12MB L2 Cache - 1333MHz FSB (Limited Quantities Available)
    - 512MB PCI-Express nVidia GeForce 8800GTX DX10 (User Upgradeable)
    - ~ 4,096MB DDR2 800 (2 SODIMMS) Dual Channel Memory (Requires Vista 64-Bit to recognize Full 4GB)
    - Standard Finish
    - ~Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW Drive w/Softwares
    - ~ 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 300 - 16MB Cache)
    - HDD Raid Settings - OFF
    - Internal 7-in-1 Card Reader (MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/MS Pro Duo/SD/Mini-SD/MMC/RS)
    - Internal Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
    - Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965 802.11 a/g/n
    - Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
    - Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
    - Basic Black Business Case - Included
    - Smart Li-ion Battery (12 Cell)
    - Full Range Auto Switching AC Adapter - Included
    - ~Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Installed (64&32-Bit CD Included) w/ Drivers & Utilities CD's
    - 3 Year Labor* 1 Year Parts Warranty Lifetime 24/7 DOMESTIC Toll Free Tech Support (Year2 & 3 Labor Warranty through Xotic PC)

If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this thread, open a chat session to talk with a sales representative, or give us a call as were always glad to help

Comment

The problem is that the sagers r either too fat or ugly
      Good looks such asthe acer aspire gemstome blue 8290 are very importamt toe

Comment

You seem hell bent on a ASUS so just buy a G2SG-A1 with all upgrades, end of debate, It has one of the most powerful cards you will find outside of a SAGER. It still has moderate amount of gaming ability but stress the moderate.

So seeing as you dont want a Sager and ASUS is what you think looks cool and it means so much to you. ASUS

Comment

For modern programming IDE's I highly recommend 4 gigs of ram and Vista. You'll also want to consider dual-booting to test on both 32 and 64-bit platforms. (so order 64-bit and fix it up do dual boot later)

Visual Studio works great under Vista and there is a nice debugger attach option when any app crashes.

If you're doing Java on Eclipse you absolutely need 4 gigs of ram (stick with Java 1.6u3 until they fix the 64-bit bugs...)

The 9262 is my choice, but shipping + upgrades will put it slightly above your budget I think.
          Last edited by kpauls; 06-12-2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X