• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what should i buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i buy

1) 2500 to 3000 aussie dollars

2) mainstream 15-17 inch

3) buying in Australia

4) Prefer asus and sager

5) gaming a work

6) will be carrying around a lot

7) playing games such as crysis

8) 4 to 5 hours of battery life

9) do not mind buying online without seeing in person

10) prefer windows vista OS

Screen Specifics

11) standard screen

12) uxga- 1600x1200

13) do not need glossy or reflective screen

Build Quality and Design

14) looks are very important

15) need to last minimum 6 years

Notebook Components

16) 200gb 7200rpm hardrive

17) do not need blu-ray

A few laptop choices that would suite your needs are: Sager np2092, Asus M50SV-A1, and the Sager np5793. The 5793 will be your best performance notebook for gaming but will be a little heavier than the other two options.

Comment

asus m50

I have looked at the asus m50 but can not find the right specifications to suit my needs and budget.

Please help me to customize or give another otpion.

Please reply to post!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by laptopz View Post

8) 4 to 5 hours of battery life
        Unfortunatly you will not see any configurations from any manufaturer that will satisfy both of these requirements. The current GPUs requires far to much power for the current battery technologies. If you search the forums you will find many references to battery life and most of them seem to agree that if you have a 8800M GTX GPU your battery will last approx 90 min with a light load and less with a heavy load on the GPU
        Sager NP5792
        Alienware M11x-R1
        WUXGA Glossy
        11.6" WXVGA Glossy
        2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
        1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
        GeForce 8800GTX
        GeForce GT 335m
        4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
        4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
        200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
        128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD
        64 bit Vista Home Premium
        Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Another thing that eliminates a lot of options is your requested screen resolution
          12) uxga- 1600x1200
          In many of our laptops we have the two closest matches:

WSXGA+ (1680x1050)
          WUXGA (1920x1200)

Comment

Originally posted by robamb2002 View Post
            Unfortunatly you will not see any configurations from any manufaturer that will satisfy both of these requirements. The current GPUs requires far to much power for the current battery technologies. If you search the forums you will find many references to battery life and most of them seem to agree that if you have a 8800M GTX GPU your battery will last approx 90 min with a light load and less with a heavy load on the GPU
            I was thinking the exact same thing.

If you really want lots of battery life with performance, get a full-on mobile chipset, think about solid state drives (EXPENSIVE), and be very careful about the video card and CPU you pick. Find the top performance per Wattage and then you're going to underclock your CPU & GPU using the windows "power saver" options or do it by hand with various utilities.

I think it might be possible to get monster frame rates when plugged in, plus 4 hours of battery with the right tweaks, but it won't be easy.

Comment

Thanks for your adivce

i do not really mind the screen resoultion as log as it has 1200p. Also ym friend said to get a tablet pc and i am wondering whether i should get one.

What is a tablet pc?

Is it appopraite for me?

It is affordable

Comment

Tablet PC's have a touch-pad built-in to their screen... so the whole screen is a huge touchscreen. As you can immagine this adds several hundred dollars to the cost of the notebook and decreases its lifespan.

If you use a stylus & tablet (i.e. like a Wacom tablet) in addition to your mouse for work you should look into it.

Comment

Tablet PC's will have there place but they aren't gaming machines. Our most popular tablet PC is the Asus R1E-B1. A few of your mentioned specs that you listed above won't be found in a tablet PC.

2) mainstream 15-17 inch
                  12) uxga- 1600x1200

Comment

Working...
                  X