• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions...

I am considering purchasing a IFL90 ELITE notebook from your company. I would like a few questions answered prior to doing so.

Is the OS that comes with your notebooks the retail version or the OEM version? Will I get a CD with the OS on it or will it be preinstalled only?

I am considering the 15.4"WXGA+ (1440x900) display. Is that a glossy or matte screen?

If I choose the 1280x800 does it come in non glossy?

If I choose the 256MB 8600GT from Nvidia, will I be able to upgrade that in the future, or is it permanent?

How many pins does the 1,024MB (2 SODIMMS) DDR2 667MHz Dual Channel Memory cards have?

Please let me know. Thank you!

We provide the OEM version of software. The 1440x900 is a glossy type display. Unfortunately the 1280x800 only comes in glossy also. The video card on the IFL90 cannot be upgraded. All laptops we carry take 200 Pin Ram.

Let us know if you have any other questions
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Thank you!

Are there any display options that arent glossy available with this notebook? I dont like the reflections on the screen. :P

Comment

Currently the WSXGA+ is a Matte finish that is not glossy.
        Justin Nolte
        [email protected]

Comment

I didn't want to start a new topic, so i guess that I have a few more questions :
          1 ) Does the total after customization include the state taxes or not ? how could i find out what is the WHOLE ammount of money paid for a customised notebook? (I`m personally interested in the Sager NP5760)
          2) Do you ship to PO Boxes ? or if there is any question here, I will email you the address and you could tell me if it is working for me
          3) Since you most definitely tried out all the video cards, on a scale from 1 to 10 , where would you place the nvidia geforce 7950 gtx and where would the 8700Gt be?

Thanks in advance, Justin, and if there should be any supplemental information needed, tell me what and I will email it to you.
          Personal Quote :
          Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
          Your laptop will always lag next to her
          I would configure her with bigger...
          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

As long as you are not in Nebraska there is NO tax What you see on the website is the price of the model. (You only need to add shipping and that is your final total)

We do ship to PO Boxes via USPS. The 7950 is a 10 where the 8700 is around a 7 or 8.

Let me know if you have any other questions
            Justin Nolte
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X