• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSI GX60 1AC-021US CPU/GPU Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI GX60 1AC-021US CPU/GPU Question

Are both the CPU and GPU soldered to the motherboard in the MSI GX60 1AC-021US? I saw in customer reviews on another website that sells Laptops that the CPU and GPU on this laptop are not soldered in and are removable/upgradable, but I noticed that they're not customizable on XoticPC. This was a deal breaker for me between this laptop and an MSI GE70 0ND-213US, because I read that the GE70 CPU and GPU are soldered in. XoticPC offers such a great warranty that I really want to buy it from here, I just want to make sure that I will be able to replace the CPU and GPU in the future, without any soldering, so that my laptop can last me as long as possible.

Thanks!

well found this on the notebook review forums

Originally Posted by wild05kid05
    Is the GPU soldered or MXM ? How much does the GT60 weight ? (I'm getting a lot of different numbers..)

I would check on the GPU, but it would void my warranty. As far as I've read, MSI doesn't often solder the GPU and many resellers are saying it's user upgradable. My understanding is that it weighs in at 7.7 pounds, and that feels about right to me (without the power brick) but I don't have a scale.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/msi/658595-official-msi-gt60-gt70-owners-lounge-10.html

didn't find any "dedicated" answer ^^,

Comment

Working...
    X