• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager 5791

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager 5791

Ok, I`m just about ready to order the 5790 with the 7950 gtx card, and I`m wondering about a couple of things:
    1) if I were to order it , say tomorrow, when would I have to pay for it
    2) when exactly could I expect to see it?
    Thanks, can`t wait to get this rig asap.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

You would pay for it at the time of order. (Usually charged within 24 hours).

Which screen are you interested in? The reason I ask is the WSXGA first shipment is not going to be in for 1-2 weeks. The WUXGA screen is in now and could ship in 3-5 business days
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

I`m sticking to the 1680x1050 WXGA+ , it doesn`t justify for me the extra 95 $ just to get a higher resolution,but maybe you could explain clearer why there is a 195 $ difference from the standard "Matte" resolution, or maybe supply me with some links or videos that might convince me to go for the extra bucks...even so, I will pay a lot of money for the notebook , so I`m trying not to overextend unless it pays off.

So basically , in the worst case scenario, you would ship in 1-2 weeks , add 5 days for shipping and that means that in 3 weeks it would be here? or did I get it wrong? :P
      Personal Quote :
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

That is approximately correct on the delivery date. The matte doesnt product any glare on the display but it is not as vibrant as the Glare. Have you seen the different types in stores?
        Justin Nolte
        [email protected]

Comment

I have...but it would be my first laptop with such a screen ... I am not sure, but I might order the 1920x1050 after all :P First of all, could you tell me aproximately how fast could I receive it if I were to order it with the WUXGA ? And also...how many more of them do you guys still have? ( cause if you have only a few, I should either hurry, or get ready to wait )

And one more question, which OS would you reccomend and why ? ( XP home+sp2 , XP pro sp2 , vista home 32/64 bit, or vista ultimate 32/64bit ?)
          It is obvious that for the time being, this is a gaming laptop
          Personal Quote :
          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

The WUXGA would go into building within 24 hours We still have quite a few WUXGA models available. It takes us on average 48-96 hours for shipment on these models at the present time.

I would go for the Ultimate, if it were me because Vista will be more mainstream in the near future and the Ultimate is the best version out. I would go 64-Bit if you want to use 4GB. 32-Bit OS's only show right around 3GB of Ram.
            Justin Nolte
            [email protected]

Comment

Did the 5790 just get cheaper ?
              Personal Quote :
              Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Yes it did! It now comes stock with a cheaper video card (8700GT)
                Justin Nolte
                [email protected]

Comment

Oh no, I just saw that the WSXGA+ is not available any more and the WUXSGA is 250 dollars more expensive! That is terrible! Not to mention that on the customisation page the 1x2GB module is not available either... WHY ? I need only 1 module in case I would want to upgrade later , and the fact that you only have 2 types of screens, with a difference of 250 made me think if I really want the 5790 any more
                  Personal Quote :
                  Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

The WSXGA Glare is in shortage at this time. Due to performance issues we will not supply the 1x2GB option any longer as you will lose up to 5% performance without running Dual Channel. (2 Ram Modules)

The prices just changed. Sorry
                    Justin Nolte
                    [email protected]

Comment

Now that it is almost August 2nd Justin, is there any exact shipping date for the WSXGA+ matte screens for the 5790? I am really hoping to recieve mine soon because I have been dying here since I ordered in June and the original ETA was early July though I know that it is not your fault. :wink: I just would have thought that things like this would have been thought through a little more by the Clevo. I also would like to know if you still have any delay on 2GB sticks since I ordered 4GB total and would not like to see another delay. Thanks.

Comment

Sager is starting shipping of the WSXGA Matte next week There is no delay on the 2GB modules at this time

Sorry for the wait We greatly appreciate your patience.
                        Justin Nolte
                        [email protected]

Comment

So will you guys have 2 GB modules available again soon ? I would like the 2 gb module and if possible, the WXSGA+ . Is there a date when we will see those again ? I don`t want the matte, and the WUXGA is waaaaay to expensive compared to the matte screen.
                          Personal Quote :
                          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Would the WSXGA+ laptops come with the fingerprint reader now that it is in stock?

Comment

Yes the5790 will now be with the FP reader The 2GB modules are in stock and have been in for some time now The WSXGA Glare screen is not going to be offered any more
                              Justin Nolte
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X