• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions before I order (from Australia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions before I order (from Australia)

Hey. I sent most of these questions by the contact form a few days ago, but I just discovered the email address I used seems to be having trouble receiving, so, I'm sorry to repeat myself.

I'm actually from Australia, but I'm looking at options for buying a laptop abroad since the exchange rate's so good at the moment that it works out cheaper even after adding shipping and GST unless I have to make more than about 4 warranty claims and pay the shipping each time.

Anyway, the SAGER NP5790 from Xotic is looking very attractive, but I've got a few questions first:

1) Are you able to supply the 64 bit edition of Windows XP Professional?

2) Could I get a second hard drive?

3) What exactly would the deal with warranty service be as an international customer? The site seems to say that yes I can get warranty service, but I am responsible for the shipping each way?

4) The graphics cards are listed as user upgradable. Does this mean I can install a new graphics card myself at some point in the future, and would this have any effect on my warranty?

5) Are you able to provide a suitable AC adapter and power lead (wikipedia tells me we use "Type I" sockets and the mains power is 230V at 50Hz), or would I have to acquire them here, or an adapter, or something?

Thanks!

I am sorry we dont provide XP 64. You can purchase a 2nd Hard Drive if you would like. For International Warranty you would get warranty service but you would have to pay shipping both ways. You can install a new graphics card at a later time without voiding the warranty. We can provide the AC Adapter but you would have to get the power cord there.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Working...
    X