• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compal HEL80 weak cd/dvd rom drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compal HEL80 weak cd/dvd rom drive

well i bought my compal few months ago, i just have to say this is my first laptop and its great. there isn't a single thing wrong with this laptop, everything in it works fine and the way i expected it to be.
    there is only one small thing that bothers me, when ever i put in a dvd, it takes too long to read it and some times isn't able to read it maybe becasue of couple very small scratches. but any other laptop or desktop i have can read it perfectly.

is it that all compal hel80 drives are weak or its just mine x.x?

I am sorry the drive doesnt read your discs sometimes. Maybe you have some lint or dust in the HEL80 that is preventing it from reading?

I would blow any dust out and see if that fixes the issue.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

nah it doesn;t have any dust on it at all, the cd rom is very clean and so is the laser in it. its really not a big problem at all.

btw justin really helped me out a lot when i was buying my laptop =p

Comment

Working...
      X