• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of Q's before i buy the Asus G1s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of Q's before i buy the Asus G1s

Hi.
    The G1s seems to be a really good laptop, fitting my demends perfectly.
    But ive got a few questions before I order it.

Im livin in sweden, so how long would u expect it to take if i order it today?
    Ive changed following things: added robson 1gb, upgraded to 4gb ram, changed hdd to 160gb 7200rpm sata 300 drive. N finaly ive added artic silver.

Since im ordering it with another hdd, will i still get the recovery partion which comes with the original G1S (at least thats what ive heard from people)

Also does the "ASUS Zero Dot Bright pixel guarantee" mean that If theres any dead pixel at all on the lcd it will get replaced?

Hello! Shipping to Sweden takes 5-9 business days. Building time takes 3-6 business days. You will get the recovery CD with purchase so you can re install at any time.

If there are any dead pixels the screen will be replaced
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Hmm after a bit of thinking i do not longer know if Ille buy the G1s or the asus C90...

So Ive got a couple of more questions before i finally make my choise.
      Will it take longer for me to get the laptop, if I order the C90?

What happens if i get a ded pixel on the c90?

The Asus C90s ELITE configuration doesnt seem to work, why? I just get redirected back to your startpage.

When I look at the two different configs, elite and ultra, both says that ulle get an " Blue Ray DVD±R/RW / CDRW", but in the config menu it only says
      - - Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti 8X DVDRW Drive w/ Software.
      How come?

Will the c90s drivers including "turbo gear" work with vista ultimate x64?

My last question is regarding the G1s. Does it come with x64 version of vista? Because 4gb ram wont work otherwise, right?

Thanks alot

Comment

We do not have a C90 Elite at this time. A dead pixel is not considered a flaw unless in the middle of the screen or more then 5 of them. We have a dead pixel policy that provides a guarantee on this if you prefer?

The G1S is a different story as they provide Zero Dot Pixel Guarantee.

The Blue Ray is not available at this time

What do you mean by Turbo Gear, do you mean Turbo Memory? If so it is not available on the C90S.

The G1S comes with 32-Bit. You have to purchase 64 Bit additionally. (You must use 64 for 4GB to be recognized)
        Justin Nolte
        [email protected]

Comment

1.Turbo gear is that overclocking tool which comes with the c90 u know, does it work in x64?

2.but anyway will the c90 work with win x64? Will all the drivers work under x64?

3.will all drivers work with win x64 on the g1s?

4.Will it take longer time to get the c90 than the G1s?

5.My last question is, if i'd buy the G1s with vista ultimate x64, would i still get the original vista recovery cd?

btw great that u have a forum so i dont have to call since Im kind busy.

Comment

1. It will work in 64-Bit.
            2. The system supports 64-Bit
            3. The G1S fully supports 64-Bit also.
            4. The C90 will take longer then the G1S.
            5. You would get both copies of Vista if you purchased the Ultimate 64.

Let us know what we can do!
            Justin Nolte
            [email protected]

Comment

aiight so Ive decided to go with the G1S.

But, will i have to pay any tax or will there be any fees making it cost more than it says on the order page?

Comment

If you are out of the US you will pay taxes at the time of arrival. Otherwise there are no taxes
                Justin Nolte
                [email protected]

Comment

any idea of how much ille have to pay in taxes? considering i live in sweden?

Comment

The best way is to call a broker or UPS for a accurate rate. On average it is 15-20% of the items price.
                    Justin Nolte
                    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X