• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G1S wireless problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1S wireless problems

So I just got my G1s in yesterday and tried to hook it up to my wireless network. (Ps. in all other regards the laptop works fantastic.) The computer can see the network and it has excellent signal strength, however, it won't connect to it and comes up with a troubleshooting error for low signal strength.

I have another laptop and it connects to the same wireless with no problems (it is a netgear router). There is no security issues since it is an unsecured open connection, all my frineds who have come over can hook up to it with no problems as well.

I called asus tech support and besides not being able to understand a few of the helpers I was told that maybe it is a problem with the card and should get the computer replaced.

Any suggestions? I really dont want to have to go through the hassle of replacing it, and im moving in 2 weeks, so it would be a real pain.

Also, I have no clue why, but if I am installing a new program or something, someteims even while using a registry cleaner, I get the blue screen of death memory dump page.

I wonder if a re-installation might be needed? It sounds like Windows might be causing the problem. Can you connect to your router through the wireless card? (typing your routers IP)
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Working...
    X