• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customization and warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customization and warranty

Dear Xoticpc

I have 3 questions:

1. If you have your laptop customized and I mean the HARDCORE version with paint all over it, will the manufacturer's warranty still apply? For example, I customize an Asus G1; will the 2 year Global warranty from Asus still be valid or will they simply say that I've voided the warranty with the customization? Question 2 refers to question 1.

2. I've heard rumors that some manufacturers do still respect they're contractual warranty agreement as long as ONLY the back of the LCD is painted. As soon as handrests, bottom, LCD bezel etc gets painted all bets are off and the warranty is void. What is the correct answer?

3: Does the Compal IFL90 come with a built-in microphone or is that only something one can find on the Sager version of this model??

I'm seriously considering buying either the Compal IFL90 or the Asus G1 or the Sager (depending on microphone) and I gladly shell out the $500+ extra for all the full-out customization eye-candy, but, and this is a BIG but, I don't want to neither void the Compal warranty nor the excellent ASUS global 2 year warranty in doing so. Please set the record straight on this issue and you'll have my order very soon.

Also: Will I be able to ADD warranty years to a Compal or Sager notebook? I sure would like to and I'm willing to pay.

Thanx

Hello

1. The warranty will still apply on the Compal but not the Asus.

2. ^

3. Both the IFL90 and Sager 2090 have Mics

You can add warranties to any of our notebooks
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Working...
    X