• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAGER 9260 Optimal Configuration question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAGER 9260 Optimal Configuration question.

Hi Guys,

I just have a question about the processor and memory for the 9260. Is it worth getting the E6700 versus the E6600? The Bus speed and the cache are the same so a good indicator is the clock speed I guess.

Why can't you get 4GB DDR2 @800MHz on this box? I don't want to get the 667MHz. Will that be available soon or is it not even possible to get 2GB SODIMMS @800MHz?

BTW, that is a great article about who really builds laptops. I just spent $5k on my son's top of the line Dell XPS laptop (looks like I overpaid by $2k). Depressing.

Honest opinion guys, are the Sager's good laptops?

Sager laptops are known as top notch performance notebooks , and are considered the best of the best in terms of graphics. The 9260 is the most powerful notebook in the world, followed by the likes of the XPS with the 7950 ( I don`t care which one it is, Dell is horrible in my opinion ) , and also the Sager 5790 ( which is the best options for a 2k laptop that has the best performance and graphics power ) which comes with either the 7950GTX or the 8700GT , the Sager 2090 is also a very good choice , powered by the 8600Gt and so on...

Sager is a well respected brand that aims mostly for power notebooks, and that`s why it is not as popular as brands like HP, Dell, Toshiba and so on. But for those who know that they want the best but for less money than the popular brands , Sager/Clevo laptops rule.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

One more question

Originally posted by xpcdude
      Sager laptops are known as top notch performance notebooks , and are considered the best of the best in terms of graphics. The 9260 is the most powerful notebook in the world, followed by the likes of the XPS with the 7950 ( I don`t care which one it is, Dell is horrible in my opinion ) , and also the Sager 5790 ( which is the best options for a 2k laptop that has the best performance and graphics power ) which comes with either the 7950GTX or the 8700GT , the Sager 2090 is also a very good choice , powered by the 8600Gt and so on...

Sager is a well respected brand that aims mostly for power notebooks, and that`s why it is not as popular as brands like HP, Dell, Toshiba and so on. But for those who know that they want the best but for less money than the popular brands , Sager/Clevo laptops rule.
      Thanks for the info. I was pretty much decided anyway. I have a question about the 7950GTX drives on Vista though. I just noticed that NVidia doesn't have those on their page (the 64bit or 32bit). Are they beta's?

Comment

nVidia usually doesn't provide mobile video drivers they are provided by the manufacturer.
        Justin Nolte
        [email protected]
        http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Working...
        X