• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping to Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping to Germany

Hello,

I am interested in the new NP9261 with a decent configuration.

I would like to know how much the total costs with shipping to Germany would be incl. taxes. Furthermore i would be interested if there is a guarantee which is valid in germany, so if something happens with the notebook, that i'll be able to send him in.

Thanks in advance

Greetings,

Exactly as mentioned above, I am also interested in this information, as I am looking to buy a FORCE 5791 - Built on Sager NP5791 to be shipped in Germany.

My configuration

Regular Price (?)
    $2427.00 -> 1,705.06 EUR
    Cash Discount (?)
    $72.81 -> 51.1519 EUR
    Cash Discounted Price
    $2354.19 -> 1,653.78 EUR

(prices converted using /http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi)

On a side note, I'd also like to know if you'll be offering ~ 2,048MB DDR2 800 RAM and if yes, when.

Thanks.

Comment

The warranty is valid strictly in the US. But it is 3 years after all.
      If something were to happen to the unit, you would have to ship it to the US , and wait for it to be shiiped bac, and you would have to pay for all the taxes. ( I would estimate a 500$ round trip for shipping) so basically, it's better to call them first, it might be something not worth sending to the US. I'm in Europe and I bought it while I was in the US and saved myself a lot of extra ridiculous taxes.

About shipping details and costs, one of the Justins will send you a PM.
      Cheers.
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Hi, I would also be very interested in getting information about shipping details and costs to Germany, specially regarding taxes/customs.
        the item I'm interested in is:
        Sager NP8130 / Clevo P151HM1

For 1158$

Is there someone specific I should contact to get this info, or will I also be able to get a PM with the info?

Cheers.

Comment

How to buy a laptop from the US with shipping to Germany:

Lets say the laptop costs about 1.400 US dollars including shipping cost.

Best way is to pay is per PayPal as they do convert our Euros to US dollars, there is no extra fee for the buyer and you are protected up to 2.000 US dollars against the seller. If you exceed the 2.000 ask for paying in two parts.

When the laptop goes to shipping tell the seller to write on the parcel "SELBSTVERZOLLUNG! Zollamt (your next customs service)". If you live in a city like me that has own customs service (Zollamt) that would be perfect. Otherwise take the next one.

Delivery from outside EU goes first to Frankfurt/Germany. If you use EMS or the message "SELBSTVERZOLLUNG! (Zollamt ...)" is missing it might raise the whole sum you pay for because there is a company called GDSK (Gesellschaft der Schnellkuriere). This company tries to get those parcels and wants to do shipping and custom service for you. Sounds good? No way! For me this is robbery or piracy or both:

They want for this so called "service" beside the customs fee about 30 Euros, an additional fee per day it takes and so on. Your parcel takes much longer to you and its possible that it was damaged due this procedure. If they got it they send you a letter that they have it and you´re in the trap. No chance to avoid their fees then. Believe me - you will hate this and them!

So best way is to do the Selbstverzollung. That means you get an information sheet from the Deutsche Post that your parcel is waiting for you at your desired customs service. With that, the printout of your PayPal transaction and enough cash go to your customs. You have to open it yourself what insures nobody else will damage or steal parts of it.

Normally the fee is about 19 % and a small extra. The fee will be taken from the whole sum you paid for the laptop and shipping cost. As this is US dollars they take their actual exchange rate (not the one at the time you paid in dollars). So in our case (Laptop + shipping 1.400 US dollars) this will be about 270 US dollars or 190 Euros.

Best is you take cash with you as not all customs services accept paying by credit card.

After paying its yours but not a German one. You need a german keyboard ´cause the US one is missing some characters (up to 80 Euros as spare part if Xotic is not able to offer you one) and the OS should be in German. I don´t know whether Xotic offers the Pre-Installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit in German, too or if it is possible to get a German one with the provided key. Otherwise you have to live with it (train you English capabilities) or upgrade to Ultimate (allows changing the language).

I hope this will help you. Further suggestions are still welcome.
          Waiting for an ASUS someday with naked eye 3D ...

meanwhile running a nice ASUS Eee PC 1215B with E-450 APU

Comment

Some extras like ram, drives, dongles and so on might be cheaper from German retailers but the better equipped laptops you get only from outside EU. That was to experiences.

Comment

Just a note on the payment type: Unfortunately we do not accept international PayPal payments at this time. For international customers we offer a bank wire transfer.

Also, shipping costs will be estimated during the checkout process and a true cost of shipping will be emailed to you shortly after your order is placed. You can either pay to continue or cancel with no fees at this point.

Last but not least just a heads up about taxes as Ementec mentioned above. We do not charge taxes at the time of sale and those taxes may be due upon delivery.
              Matthew N
              Sales & Customer Service
              [email protected]
              1-877-289-9684 Ext 529
              www.xoticpc.com

I am also available via Live Chat - Monday thought Friday 9:00-5:30 Central time.
              Add my name to the question box and it will come right to me

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Just a note on the payment type: Unfortunately we do not accept international PayPal payments at this time. For international customers we offer a bank wire transfer.
                Why not? Is it because of PayPal fees?

Will Shift (BIC/IBAN) work for transfer?

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Last but not least just a heads up about taxes as Ementec mentioned above. We do not charge taxes at the time of sale and those taxes may be due upon delivery.
                The taxes for import have to be paid at the customs directly. Otherwise you do not get your parcel.

Do we get tax free from Xotic when shipping to the EU (beside our import taxes) or do we have to pay your taxes, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Ementec View Post
                  Why not? Is it because of PayPal fees?

Will Shift (BIC/IBAN) work for transfer?
                  PayPal doesn't give us seller protection for international payments at this time.

Also, we provide our SWIFT code for our intermediary bank for wire transfers. It first goes to a Wells Fargo account and FFC to a bank account with Union Bank and Trust here in Lincoln. I believe IBAN is only for European banks.

The taxes for import have to be paid at the customs directly. Otherwise you do not get your parcel.

Do we get tax free from Xotic when shipping to the EU (beside our import taxes) or do we have to pay your taxes, too?
                  Correct, taxes will have to be paid by customs. We do not charge U.S. sales tax on the order.

EDIT: Took time after posting to actually google BIC. Looks like SWIFT and BIC are related. However, I'm not much of a banker so I couldn't say :P

We provide all necessary banking info then customers provide it to their bank. The information we provide is sufficient to complete the wire.
                  Last edited by [email protected]; 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM. Reason: google-fu
                  Matthew N
                  Sales & Customer Service
                  [email protected]
                  1-877-289-9684 Ext 529
                  www.xoticpc.com

I am also available via Live Chat - Monday thought Friday 9:00-5:30 Central time.
                  Add my name to the question box and it will come right to me

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

Correct, taxes will have to be paid by customs. We do not charge U.S. sales tax on the order.
                    So the price displayed on the laptop configuration screen, does it include taxes or not? Also, how would taxes be on the US (I think it's pretty similar to the 19% here, right?). I ask because my decision to purchase would mostly hinge on wether or not the end value(adding custom taxes) would remain similar to the purchase price in the states(plus shipping), or if I would have to add the 300+ euros of taxes to the displayed value.

Cheers

Comment

Today I was at the customs service and asked about importing laptop to Germany:

There´s only 19 % import tax on the whole sum (including shipping cost and maybe US taxes) you pay (for example at Xotic) as long as it is not heavier than 10 kg (no prob´ at all) .

If you want to import other things there might be in addition to the import tax of 19 % an extra tax. They have a list for that but seems not to be that logical . Some examples?

You want a watch: there is an extra tax of 0.80 Euro per piece no matter what it cost (for the cheapest the same as for the highest priced one).

You want a gps tracker (like me today): if the sum exceeds 150 Euros you pay extra tax of 3.7 %.

And to be more complicated you pay on extra tax always additionally the 19 %, too.

So lets say you paid for the gps including shipping cost (and maybe tax from the country you got it) 300 Euro. At the customs you pay 300 x 0.19 (import tax) + 300 x 0.037 (extra tax) + 300 x 0.037 x 0.19 (tax on tax) in total 70.21 Euro. So the gps costs in real 370.21 Euro what means about 23.4 % tax .

I forgot to ask for spare parts like ram modules, drives and so on but if they want the extra tax for it (only when you paid more than 150 Euro) it may vary slightly from the gps example.

Comment

Working...
                      X