• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager NP2090 Back-ordered parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager NP2090 Back-ordered parts.

Hi I ordered the 2090 around Sept. 20... order #3027.

First, I understood that the WSXGA was backordered for 2-3 weeks, which was acceptable to me (it's already been 2 weeks), but now I hear that the built-in a/g/n wireless is backordered until mid-november!

Does that mean I have to wait 2 months for my laptop?

The wait is killing me, because I don't have another computer to use and I have to borrow others to do my work.

Also, I've noticed that the price has dropped since my order, will this be compensated for?

I never heard that about the wireless before ...
    Justin, is this a fact ? Does it impact other laptops or configurations (i.e., the IFL90) ?
    Also from my previous contacts, I gathered that the IFL90 was arriving this week. Any word on that ?

Comment

Unfortunately the 4965 wireless cards are back ordered directly from Intel. We are substituting the 3945 in for models that need to ship out right away.

So far there are no more WSXGA+ models in stock but we did just receive some regular IFL90 models with the WXGA+ screen.
      Justin Nolte
      [email protected]
      http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

So.... what about the price difference? Since the price has dropped since I ordered, and I chose the 4965 card which is $10 more.

Sager's website has ETA on the wsxga screens as week of oct 21... that's a month since i ordered.

Comment

hi justin i am supposed to be getting my laptop the Compal IFL90 this friday and it was shipped out either sunday or monday, but does that mean my wireless card was switched :|??? :S cuz i want the 4965 and thats what i had paid for...

Comment

Yea, I'm kinda curious about that myself as I ordered the 4965 with my NP 2090 that shipped last Friday.

Comment

Laptops are shipped with the parts you ordered. We don't downgrade anyone without there consent. The Intel 4965 are now back into stock.

Comment

Thanks for the reply on that Justin, that's good to know. Looking forward to tomorrow when it's supposed to show up.

Comment

Working...
                X