• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a question about SAGER NP5791

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a question about SAGER NP5791

I want to buy NP5791, but will I beable to upgrade 8700GT video card to 8800M when it will come out? or Will I beable to upgrade anything alse in that laptop? Do you guys still have a deal free windows Vista 64-bit with NP5791? I would appreciate any answere.

If I order it right now how long will it take to get here,from the time of me placing order to the time I see it? I want to customize 5791 a little , here is the list:

17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1920x1200) -($100 Instant Discount until 10/31)
    - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
    - Standard Dead Pixel Policy
    - ~Intel® Core™2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz w/4MB L2 On-die cache - 800MHz FSB
    - 512MB PCI-Express nVidia GeForce 8700GT DX10 (User Upgradeable)
    - None Standard
    - ~ 4,096MB DDR2 667 PC2 5300 (2 SODIMMS) Dual Channel Memory (w/ Vista 64-Bit Only)
    - 1GB Intel® Robson Turbo Memory (Vista Only)
    - NP5790 Orange Frame Trim Color
    - ~Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW Drive w/Softwares
    - ~ 100GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA 150)
    - None Standard
    - Internal 7-in-1 Card Reader (MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/MS Pro Duo/SD/Mini-SD/MMC/RS)
    - Built in 1.3Megapixel Camera
    - None Standard
    - Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
    - Integrated System Speakers - Included
    - Internal Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
    - Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965 802.11 a/g/n (Back Ordered til Mid November)
    - None Standard
    - Basic Black Business Case - Included
    - Smart Li-ion Battery (8-Cell)
    - 110/220V 120W Auto Switching AC Adapter - Included
    - None Standard
    - None Standard
    - None Standard
    - Integrated Fingerprint Reader
    - None Standard
    - None Standard
    - None Standard - Drivers & Utility Software Only
    - None Standard
    - None Standard
    - 3 Year Labor* 1 Year Parts Warranty Lifetime Toll Free Tech Support (Extra 2 Year Labor Warranty through Xotic PC)

Because the NP5791 benefifs from the MXM IV module, IT MIGHT be possible to upgrade the video card to the next best nvidia 8th series, however there is no news about that.
    The 8800M (or 8700GTX) has not been released yet, and that means, with the exception of DX10 support, the 7950GTX is the best possible video card for notebooks right now.
    In the upgradeable category would fall the memory, the hard drives, the optical drives, the video card(explanation above) and possibly the processor, although I have no concrete data upon which to base the last asumption.

Sager5791 was a smart choice, good for you!
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Excellent answer XPC

Comment

Cant wait to get it . I have to wait until Mid November :roll:. I want it now :x :lol:

Comment

Working...
        X