• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Major Questions about NP9261

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Major Questions about NP9261

Hello,

I have been waiting awhile to purchase a new desktop, but now that I have my new job at college, I would really like a laptop.

I really like the NP9261, because it offers great power, which would be perfect since then I wouldn't need to build a new desktop, and would have the mobility of a laptop.

Here are my three concerns:

1.) Heat:
    I was planning on getting either the E6850, or the Q6700. I am worried that these processors will produce A LOT of heat for such a small machine. Have there been any problems concerning these processors and heat? I think my biggest fear is that the heat will wear down the components, and that in a year or so, things will start to break.

2.) Battery life:
    Again, with these two processors, what is the approximate battery life on a full charge?

3.) Mobility
    I will be taking this to and from work, to and from meetings etc etc. How well can this thing stand being carried around and shaken up a bit? I mean, I am not going to go running with my laptop on me, but it definitely needs to hold up. I was originally going to get a Lenovo ThinkPad, because everyone says they are incredibly sturdy (one person told me he dropped it and it was fine), but if I were to do that, I would need to upgrade my desktop.

Thank you very much for your time!

1) For the fastest laptop in the world , and the first quad core laptop, it still runs pretty cool. You can check Justin's review here http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9260-...view-a-36.html or another one : http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=133052

2) Battery life should range fom 40 minutes in gaming and about 1 hour and a half in normal browsing. It basically serves as a backup plug , in case of power outages, but appart from that, there is too much power required to keep this beast running. Note that the power brick itself weights about 1 pound or two, but the performance of the 9261 is unparalleled. By no other laptop!

3) Mobility : it weights 11.5 pounds with the battery and it could reach 15 pounds with 2 video cards and 2 hdd drives. It is a DTR in all senses, but is more portable. If you cand carry it , it will hold. It is sturdy and well assembled.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

I don't plan on running SLI or any RAID setup, so do you still think I will only get 1hour 30min when simply browsing?

I was really hoping to get at the LEAST 3 hours out of the battery. Without being able to be on for three hours, it makes it almost pointless to have, since I will need to use it for work. I realize I could just buy an extra battery, but I really do not wish to do so.

Well, I guess I will have to look into the T7700 processors, or wait for Intel's 45nm processors to come out.

Comment

Working...
      X