• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything backordered on the Sager NP5791's? & Other Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything backordered on the Sager NP5791's? & Other Q's

Hello,

The fellas over at notebookreview.com praise this place as the second coming of laptop jesus, so here I am ready to order. Before I do, I had a couple quick questions. I'm selling (trying to sell, anyways, lol) one of my desktops to get a laptop and I've decided on the 5791. Perfect balance of power and mobility. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Firstly, I know it doesn't say there are any, but I just wanted to check... are there any parts backordered on it? I plan on going w/ the 1680x1050 screen & either of the wireless options are fine with me.

Secondly, how does the 8700M GT perform in modern & newer games at 1680x1050? I'm looking to run games on borderline 'high' graphic settings. I'd like to avoid medium in most games, and 'ultra' or any other setting HIGHER than high isn't that important. I saw the scores on the website in 3dmark05 & 06 that at 1600x1200 it's only a 15-20% performance decrease over the 7950GTX, which I don't mind at all. Hey, it's $100 and since I'm getting Vista I'd like to stick with DX10.

Lastly... any owners of a NP5791 purchased through xotic have praise and/or qualms they'd like to share with me?

well, you can check out my thread about Sager 5790 and all other post that are about 5790(1).
    Everything about it shines and rocks. As you said, it's the perfect balance between power and mobility.
    About the 8700GT, it will perform nicely at lower resolutions, meaning 1280 and lower,and with DX10. If you want raw power, that's the 7950GTX, which you might be able to upgrade later on, since the 5791 benefits from the MXM IV module(the biggest one so far).However,no concrete word from nVidia yet.
    I have a 5791 and if you have other questions, feel free to ask.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

So you're saying the 8700 will buckle pretty bad at 1680x1050?

Will I be able to swap out the 8700GT for a 7950GTX if I so please later down the road?

Comment

Yes. However, you can get the 8700GT now, if you're fine with lower resolutions and upgrade to the upcoming mobile video card in the geforce 8th series, or play it safe like I did, get the 7950GTX and play everything smoothly, and forget about DX10,it just appeared, and all games are supported in DX9.oC where the 7950GTX excelles without exception.
        For now, a superior gaming laptop in DX10 does NOT EXIST.The fact of the matter is that the 8700GT is a mainstream card(128 bit), whereas the 7950GTX(256bit) is an enthusiast(high end) video card.
        Game on people. ( Gophn)
        Personal Quote :
        Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
        Your laptop will always lag next to her
        I would configure her with bigger...
        Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X