• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAGER NP9261 questions + shipping to UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAGER NP9261 questions + shipping to UK?

Hi there

What sort of cost would I be looking at to get the laptop shipped to the UK+any other hidden cost?

Now for some questiosn about the laptop...

The CPU
    For me it is a choice between the E6850 3.0GHz and Q6600 2.4GHz.Now I have a watercooled Q6600 so I know these chips are very warm!Can anyone comment on the heat for either of these CPUs at load?

GPU
    Again I'm guessing SLI will have a big impact on heat/battery life.But I would like to be able to play future games...
    Can't find any benchmarks for the 8700GT let alone the 8700GT in SLI =/ The go 7950GTX looks like its better than a desktop 7800GTX
    :o
    I know some people will say the 8700GT are future prove...But whats the point off playing the future at 5fps when the 7950GTX can playnig it at 30fps (Example!)
    Anyway, your thoughts on this please.

Thats about it really...I brought a laptop about 3 years ago for 1400 pounds
    P4 3.06GHz
    512MB ram
    80GB HDD
    ATI mobility 9000
    blah blah blah

The thing would overheat and shut itself down after 10mins
    :evil:

Thanks

International USPS Global Express Mail EMS @ $223

The CPU: Either CPU would be a good choice, The Q6600 has been a very popular quad core processor for this model! Also there is adequate cooling on this model to avoid overheating. The 9261 is essentially a desktop replacement

GPU: The video card will really depend on which version of windows you go with, If choosing XP i'd say the 7950's, you could even choose the 7950's with vista and then upgrade to a possible future faster 8xxx series directx 10 video card. You will get nice performance out of both the 7950 and the 8700. It's a choice between speed and older technology or average speed and newer technology! The future is directx 10

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      Heres what I've speced myself.

17" WSXGA+ "Matte" Super Clear Ultra Bright Screen (1680x1050)
      - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
      - Standard Dead Pixel Policy
      - ~Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz w/ 4MB L2 Cache - 1333MHz FSB
      - 512MB PCI-Express nVidia GeForce 7950GTX w/GDDR3 (User Upgradeable)
      - None Standard
      - ~ 4,096MB DDR2 667 PC2 5300 (2 SODIMMS) Dual Channel Memory (w/ Vista 64-Bit Only)
      - Standard Finish
      - ~Combo 8x8x6x4x Dual Layer DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW Drive w/Softwares
      - ~160GB Seagate Momentus 3GB/S SATA 300 7200RPM Hard Drive (9260)
      - None Standard - 9260
      - None Standard - 9260
      - HDD Raid Settings - OFF
      - None Standard
      - Internal 7-in-1 Card Reader (MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/MS Pro Duo/SD/Mini-SD/MMC/RS)
      - Built in 1.3Megapixel Camera
      - None Standard
      - Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
      - Integrated System Speakers - Included
      - Internal Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR
      - Built-in Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965 802.11 a/g/n
      - None Standard
      - Basic Black Business Case - Included
      - Smart Li-ion Battery (12 Cell)
      - 110/220V 120W Auto Switching AC Adapter - Included
      - None Standard
      - None Standard
      - None Standard
      - None Standard
      - None Standard
      - ~Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit Installed (64&32-Bit CD Included) w/ Drivers & Utilities CD's
      - None Standard
      - None Standard
      - 3 Year Labor* 1 Year Parts Warranty Lifetime Toll Free Tech Support (Extra 2 Year Labor Warranty through Xotic PC)

I'm guessing a power converter thing will do the trick so I can use it in the UK?

Double checking there arn't any hidden taxs involed?
      So far in GBP its a little under 1400 in total
      For a similar spec in UK your look at well over 3500 GBP :evil:

Anyone think I houd change anything?

Thanks

Comment

The WUGA (glossy) screen is more vibrant and with better color contrast . I would definitely recommend that one over the 'Matte'.
        Also, if you are into gaming , 2 7950GTXs paired in SLI would make any game work at higher resolutions and details. Or you can wait for the upcoming video card from nVidia , series 8xxx and get a couple of those.
        1 7950GTX pretty much handles any game at this point, so if you plan to upgrade, 1 would suffice, if you plan to game another year or so, I would suggest getting 2 of those video cards.
        Excellent laptop choice!
        Personal Quote :
        Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
        Your laptop will always lag next to her
        I would configure her with bigger...
        Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X