• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions on Force 3297 (IFL90)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on Force 3297 (IFL90)

Hi. I had a couple of questions on the Force 3297 (IFL 90), as I am considering buying.
    1) Is the WXGA+ display come in matte or glossy? It actually doesn't specify on the build page.
    2) Why can you only get a 6 cell battery with the WXGA+ screen?
    3) What would the battery life be like with the above display and the 6 cell battery?
    4) Do these units ship out often with dead pixels? Why does it seem like the dead pixel thing is such a big issue?
    5) How hot do these things run? Is heat going to be an issue with a 160 GB 7200 rpm hard drive?
    6) Why do people choose the Sager NP2090 over the Force 3297?
    7) The last is sort of a big question: XP or Vista? The only computers I've used Vista on, it has been painfully slow.
    Basically what I'm looking for is a performance improvement over my current (4 years old) Gateway POS, when running multiple applications of the Adobe Creative Suite at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Will send responses via e-mail

Comment

Working...
    X