• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queston about Sager NP5791 1920x1200 vs 1680x1050

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queston about Sager NP5791 1920x1200 vs 1680x1050

Why is this:

17" WUXGA "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright Glossy Screen (1920x1200) -($100 Instant Discount Applied)

Cheaper than this:

17" WSXGA "Matte" Super Clear Ultra Bright Screen (1680x1050) ?

I realize they both have the same aspect ratio. Would it hurt to get the higher resolution and then bump it down so it easier to read? That doesn't harm the display does it? (Dumb question I know).

This is part of a current promotion we are offering on this model. You can turn down the resolution if you would like and it will not damage the display.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

I have the NP5791 with the WUXGA screen , but the desktop resolution that I use is 1600x1200.
      The advantage of having the WUXGA is the brighter and more vivid colors that show up on the screen, gaming on 1920x1200 is awesome(you won't need AA any more) and definitely more vibrant. Although I was never a big fan of glossy type screens, this one is particularly awesome. Imagine that this promotion is worth 200$ ! (just check the difference between screens on the Sager 9261 and see )
      I would go for the WUXGA since you can always lower the resolution and because it has more life to the whole image.
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
      X