• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concern over Vista 64-bit & SLI GeForce Go 7950 GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concern over Vista 64-bit & SLI GeForce Go 7950 GTX

I've read in some places that Vista is not compatible with SLI and that there are no drivers available. I recently purchased a notebook (Sager NP9261) with this configuration and am concerned I will be unable to actually use it when it arrives, or else try and install a copy of XP instead...

Can someone please clarify this situation?

Thanks.

For a short time there was a conflict with the nVidia Driver when using 2x8700 in SLi and 4GB of Ram. We now have the new driver from nVidia and this problem no longer exists.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

And is that also the case with dual 7950 GTX in SLI and 4 GB of RAM?

Thanks.

Comment

The new driver is suposedly able to fix all nVidia based SLI issue with Vista and 4 Gb of Ram. Therefore, yes, it should also fix the 7950GTX problem, if any.
        Personal Quote :
        Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
        Your laptop will always lag next to her
        I would configure her with bigger...
        Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

I've got a 9261 with 4gb RAM and 2x 7950gtx cards, works like a charm. You'll need to use the nVidia control panel to tweak out the settings to get optimal performance. In the SLI selection box there are 3 options (Force Splitframe rendering, Force Alternate Frame Rendering 1, Force Alternate Frame Rendering 2). Some games seem to prefer different settings for this option.

Comment

Great, looking forward to getting my 9261! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X