• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8800m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8800m

There are a number of post on various tech sites saying that 8800m graphic card from nVidia is coming on Nov 19th. Is there any news from Sager / Clevo regarding this ?

Thanks,

Darko

There is no information what so ever regarding the release date for the 8800 series video card.

Comment

That is pure speculation.
      8700GTX or 8800M , however it is called is not yet ready.When nVidia will be able to launch it, be sure that XoticPc will let you guys know.Assuming there will be laptop that can support this video card, which , again, speculating, will be pretty hot compared to all other video cards, since the desktop vesion, 8800GTX can eat as much as 100W of raw power, even more.
      Another speculation says that ATI is preparing a powerful video card for notebooks, but to draw the line...
      NO NEWS FROM NVIDIA ABOUT ANY NEW VIDEO CARD FOR LAPTOPS.
      EDIT : After some digging in, I realised I might be wrong from time to time.Still, nVidia doesn't really offer news when they plan a big hit.
      I've noticed that this so called 8800M GTX or whatever will have a TDP of 35 W(suposedly) which is well below the 7950GTX (45 W) and just above the 8700GT (29W) . Pretty impresive and a likely MXM III upgrade...
      Let's hope for the best
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

count me in for hoping for the best!!! :lol:
        Sager 9261
        Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
        2x160GB seagate 7200rpm SATA-II HDD -
        RAID-0 -
        2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
        vista ultimate 64-bit -
        Multi Region TV Tuner w/Express Card MCE Remote & Receiver -
        Ordered from xoticpc
        Awaiting Eagerly

Comment

We all share your anticipation . (both in awaiting for the laptop,we all have gone through that) and we all hope that nVidia decides to release that video card already. Or maybe ATI will have a surprise, who knows. In all cases,there is still some time until the 12th of Nov(or whenever are those new video card going to be released).
          In the meantime, you have quite a system there, should be able to blase through Dx10 games with 2 8700Gts.
          Personal Quote :
          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

xpcdude
            yes i agree with u.this baby should sing. i personally dont like ATI i had one in my old desktop and it had issues. :? once the 8800's come out ill upgrade to 2x of them and be done with the michine :twisted: well for a while lol.
            I see lots of ppls ocing there 9261 and getting over 10,000 with the 2x 8700's a few are tring for over :shock: 11,000 :shock:
            Sager 9261
            Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
            RAID-0 -
            2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
            vista ultimate 64-bit -
            Ordered from xoticpc
            Awaiting Eagerly

Comment

Well there is a lot of speculation that is coming out on the 19th but nothing official. It would be nice to know because my laptop has not been shipped yet so if it is indeed out on the 19th I would ask Xotic to change the configuration. However it is strange that with 19th being so close there is not more information on this

Comment

We can guarantee it will NOT be shipping in a laptop anytime in November...... We anticipate the end of this year / first of next year it might be ready for shipment, but it ultimately depends on nVidia.
                Justin Nolte
                [email protected]
                http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Thanks for the information Justin.

Comment

Even if, and I must stress the if, nVIdia decides to launch that particular video card, there will be a series of testing following, to ensure full compatibility with existing laptops, drivers and further more, Sager will have to decide if they can implement this video card after launch and whethere is is feasable or not.
                    I am awaiting the same thing as everyone else, and if possible, I will upgrade to that video card. In the meantime my 7950GTX handles games nicely, i can even play all medium and 1280x1024 on Crysis( be advised, that game is ultra demanding, but the visual effects even at medium make it worth while.I am hoping that this new video card wiill allow me a high settings promise
                    Personal Quote :
                    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

yes me too, i will upgrade asap to get the max out of my new lappy
                      Sager 9261
                      Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
                      RAID-0 -
                      2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
                      vista ultimate 64-bit -
                      Ordered from xoticpc
                      Awaiting Eagerly

Comment

Yeah I would love to upgrade soon, and Im sure we will get informed when xotic gets informed.

Comment

Hello,

Now that Alienware is releasing an 8800GTX laptop, is there any information if an upgrade to 8800 will be available for 9261 ?

Thanks,

Darko

Comment

Please view out forum post here for more information on the release of the 8800m

Comment

Working...
                            X