• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS G1S Blue screen of DEATH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS G1S Blue screen of DEATH

My G1S isn't very old, only a few months. Not really had any trouble untill recently I have been getting the Blue screen of death.

I can't read the screen fast enough to see what the error is so I need help on tracking this issue down.

The really odd thing is the fact that (so far) it doesn't happen at home, only when at work. I haven't installed any new hardware or software so that shouldn't be the issue and after I get the crash, it seems to be fine until the next day - at work.

This is how my days have been going;
    Morning - Get to work and fire up the laptop. after anywhere from 10 min to an hour I get the blue screen of death - Stop error, memory dump all that stuff (I once saw something about a USB error). Reboot normally and have no trouble the rest of the day.
    Evening - I get home fire up the laptop no issues all night.
    Morning Next day, same as above.

The only thing I can think of is the fact that at work, I have no network so the computer does not connect to the internet, at home I have internet - thats the only differeance between work and home.

One question I have is can "dirty" power cause this? i.e. spikes on the AC line.

Any suggestions on how to track this issue down?
    (Running Windows Vista Buisness)

Thanks

Please contact technical support @ 1-888-678-3688

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
      Please contact technical support @ 1-888-678-3688
      Will do!! Probably tomorrow (friday) in the AM. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, didn't get a chance to call today. Will try again monday.
        However I think I might have "discovered" something.

I would see the "USBPORT" someplace on the screen before the system re-booted. The only thing I use the USB for is my wireless mouse. I then relized that useually I will turn on the computer, then plug my 110 adaptor in and my mouse antenna while the computer is booting up.

Today I made it a point to plug these things in before I turned on the laptop. I didn't get the Blue screen of death today. Might be related :?:

:: UPDATE ::
        Must not be related as it happend to me today and I made sure I connected everything before power up.

Comment

Working...
        X