• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rumor

Just got a new rumor i must ask lol :shock:
    are u guys releasing the 9262 this month? with new chassis. :?
    considering its going into the 2nd week of november :shock:
    i have 2 ppl that are saying this
    can someone shed some light on me
    my thoughts are if its true, ur changing ths case to fit the 8800's and i will be stuck with the 8700.s FOREVER 128 bit
    Sager 9261
    Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
    2x160GB seagate 7200rpm SATA-II HDD -
    RAID-0 -
    2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
    vista ultimate 64-bit -
    Multi Region TV Tuner w/Express Card MCE Remote & Receiver -
    Ordered from xoticpc
    Awaiting Eagerly

hmm I dont think it has to do anything with the fitting. I think the 8800 would prolly fit in the 9261.. however it might have something to do with it running alot cooler
    Sager np9261
    WUXGA - Quad Core 2.4 - nVidia7950Single - 200gig 7200 RPM - Windows Vista 64bit - 4 Gig 800mhz ram

Comment

yes lager/more fans or something, differant motherboard, ect. did u here anything?
      Sager 9261
      Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
      RAID-0 -
      2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
      vista ultimate 64-bit -
      Ordered from xoticpc
      Awaiting Eagerly

Comment

First off, no i didnt hear anything. After i read your post i researched for a bit and talked to my buddy whose selling laptops in UK. He didd mention new hardwares comming out by december and how the cost of sager np9261 will be reduced by 25% during xmas time or something. Any how all this is completely irrelevant.

I dont think you should worry at all about the future laptops and that 8800 crap. Let it come out when it comes out. And if it doesnt fit in our little np9261 than big whoop. Then think economically. All these gamers have these expensive piece of machinery. And now nvidia comes out with this 8800 card and everyone is ever so worried if it will be compatible with their laptop or not. I think you should think as a seller from nvidia. If they come out with 8800 and it fits the MxM cards then they woujld sell more ALOT MORE. Cause i dont know aot of gamers that would dump their gorgeous np9261 and go buy a np9262 just so they can play dx10 games in a whole new performance level. Now i m not saying that they wont. I m just guaranteeing that most won't. And even if that doesnt happen.. We are living in a world of techonology, it will rise competition and cause more compatible graphics card to come out that are equal to the performance lvl or perhaps even greater then the 8800. I dont think you should care, you still got a good setting and u will be fine for a while.
        Besides i heard ATI is gona get back in the game and is working on a really insane mobile graphics card. *jmwahhaha*
        Sager np9261
        WUXGA - Quad Core 2.4 - nVidia7950Single - 200gig 7200 RPM - Windows Vista 64bit - 4 Gig 800mhz ram

Comment

yes, i c what ur saying.
          they alway drop prices at christmas time. thats y i waited till now. i wont get mine for about 2 or 3 weeks and then i have 2 more weeks to return no Questions asked. if they drop the price ill hopfully fall into that category.
          i dont know about 25% that seems to be alot. at least over here in the usa. the lappy starts off at around $2000.00 so 25% of that is about $500.00 i cant see them selling it at $1500.00 starting price, but i will hope for the best, even it its $50 or $100.00 less, it still something towards my 8800's
          that im going to get from them anyways.
          i checked a couple of other forums and noone else has heard of the new 9262 coming out in november, so i just thought that i would post it here. to c if anyone from xtopic has heard of it. they would know when the 9262 is coming out.
          Sager 9261
          Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
          RAID-0 -
          2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
          vista ultimate 64-bit -
          Ordered from xoticpc
          Awaiting Eagerly

Comment

by december to early january new processors will arrive. Then the existing labtop will not be as much xpensive, thus the price can reduce substantially. perhaps not by full 25% but i had say good 15-20%.

And there are companies in america who sell the sagers np9261 at starting price of 1624.. so why not another 100 bucks down?
            Think about it like this sager 5790 got a 200 and some change promo... 500$ off sager np9261 for xmas seems VERY reasonable... and i m not saying fully equiped. Just the base price anyways.
            I would order from the other place where its 1624 but there warranty and service doesnt match xotic pc. besides justin is fun to annoy! (Justin is the MAN)!!
            Sager np9261

Comment

btw i have an off topic question. Why did you go for the 8700? Specially over the 7950gtx
              Sager np9261

Comment

I agree with you Zartanxt , the MXM modules were designed for this particular reason, an information that can be found on nVidia's site : http://www.nvidia.com/page/mxm.html .The 8800M will be compatible with powerful laptops , such as the 9261, IF the power requirements will not exceed 45-50W, the necessary power requirement for the 7950GTX. Taking into consideration the launch of the 8800GT which tops a 110 W TDP and if 5-10% slower than the 8800GTX which eats up to 150 W, maybe 50 W on a 65n chip is possible.
                Also, MXM IV is the most likely candidate for the upgrade. Nvidia has not stated anything concrete about it because there is still some commercial issues that must be clarified,and also, marketing is all about competition.But the 9261 and 5791, among the only few MXM IV beneficiaries,are the most likely to have this upcoming video card included in future offers. But do not be dissapointed if that will not be the case, since we have witnessed a lot of inconsistencies in the past between prior announcements and latter realities.
                It is all about speculation and it is pointless to say that the 8800M will definitely fit these notebooks, or that the 9262 will appear for this exact reason. The smartest thing is to wait for it to appear, let the price drop after a few months ,and by then you will know for sure what this baby can do.
                Best of luck in your anticipations, we all know gaming requires pacience
                Personal Quote :
                Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
                Your laptop will always lag next to her
                I would configure her with bigger...
                Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Zartanxt
                  btw i have an off topic question. Why did you go for the 8700? Specially over the 7950gtx

i went with 2x 8700's because i dont think we will c the 8800's till feb or march so till then i can use the dx10 (is the future)
                  thats y i went with vista 64bit also it will be the better os someday :roll: lol(is the future)

u have guys ocing and getting over 10,200 scores with there 8700's and still staying @ 60c to 65c temps
                  Sager 9261
                  Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
                  RAID-0 -
                  2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
                  vista ultimate 64-bit -
                  Ordered from xoticpc
                  Awaiting Eagerly

Comment

About the score, possible with extreme core 2 duo processors, but 60-65C is way off. Try more like 70-75,or even 80 in full load.
                    OCling is not recommended and WILL VOID the warranty. It is pointless to lose the warranty for some 4-500 points in 3dmark06 and 10 fps, you`d be better off upgrading.
                    About your choice, rest assured that 2 8700GTs are better that one 7950GTX. Which is the king at this moment.
                    Personal Quote :
                    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
                    Your laptop will always lag next to her
                    I would configure her with bigger...
                    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

please go to notebook review and look at all the ocing stats guys are posting i agree 100/500 points is not worth losing warrenty/money/lappy but if u look at these scores of 10200+ verses 7000/8000 stock it make u think twice and there temps are 50/58c idle and 60/65c gaming (with FN+1) fan max
                      Sager 9261
                      Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
                      RAID-0 -
                      2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
                      vista ultimate 64-bit -
                      Ordered from xoticpc
                      Awaiting Eagerly

Comment

i agree with xpcdude 2 8700Gt is definately better then single 7950GT.. However, it is more financially speaking efficient to wait a few more months just stick with the single 7950GT. Because there isn't any game right now that 7950gt cant handle. As far as 8700 Gt goes well read this quote "
                        See my post here for a rough idea of how the Go 7950 GTX and 8700M GT compare. The summary: The 8700M GT isn't worth it. The 8700 is gimped by its lack of memory bandwidth (about half: 25.6 GB/s vs. the 7950 GTX's 44.8 GB/s, mostly because of the 8700's 128-bit memory bus) which drastically cuts its performance, especially at high resolutions and AA where memory bandwidth becomes a bottleneck.

The Go 7950 GTX will provide a better (or at least, prettier) gaming experience. DX10 allows you to add neat effects like per-pixel lighting and soft shadows, but those features take a crap-load of processing power that the 8700M GT just doesn't have. You'd have to disable DX10 effects to get a playable framerate anyway, and then you'd just be left with a weaker card running in DX9 mode. Also, it will be a very long time (several years, more than likely) before games are DX10 only (most games today still support older DX versions), and by then neither card will be able to play those games well anyway. "

And also visit this website http://forum.notebookreview.com/show...=137521&page=5
                        This will educate you into differentiating between your needs from your wants. Ultimately its all up to you. They both are truly Amazing. But its stupid to get any in SLI knowing that 8800 will be out early next year, and i can guarantee, (ofcourse with no concrete evidence ) that the 8800 with be MXM 4. And if not then get it slied.. atleast it will be cheaper then!
                        Sager np9261

Comment

Originally posted by Gmau-=The_|2ooster=-
                          please go to notebook review and look at all the ocing stats guys are posting i agree 100/500 points is not worth losing warrenty/money/lappy but if u look at these scores of 10200+ verses 7000/8000 stock it make u think twice and there temps are 50/58c idle and 60/65c gaming (with FN+1) fan max
                          Could i actually have the link to that, cause i been wanting to find those scores and couldnt you OC a 7950GT to surpass the 8700?
                          Sager np9261

Comment

you are 100% right in what u say between cards 128bits sux but if the 8800's dont come out till march or april (shipping in lappies) then i have had dx10 for 5 or 6 months :wink:
                            what i disagree is you have to disable dx10 to get it to work well go to notebook review and look at what the card is doing. these guys are making this card smoke. (for a 128 bit). but yes it is not in the same league as the king (7950) u are right
                            the king Will be overthrown one day :wink:
                            Sager 9261
                            Q6700 - 4GB 800MHz RAM -
                            RAID-0 -
                            2x 8700GT sli - WUXGA+ -
                            vista ultimate 64-bit -
                            Ordered from xoticpc
                            Awaiting Eagerly

Comment

dude you know what i was thinking about doing listen up. And XPCDUDE please can you tell me if it will work.

I was gona get a 8700 with my 7950 ofcourse it wont be sli enabled. TWO hdd dual boot with vista and XP and have hdd dedicated to 8700 and one dedicated to 7950. And that way i can play dx10 games and my other regular games (dx9) with my beloved 7950.
                              I have a feeling that will make the motherboard shit in its pants
                              Sager np9261

Comment

Working...
                              X