• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low speaker volume on Sager 5791

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low speaker volume on Sager 5791

I've got a Xotic Sager 5791 that I've owned since early October and I'm running into an issue with the speakers. Even with application and windows volume maxed, I can barely hear games and DVDs. Games don't matter all that much because I usually just throw headphones on, but I do want to be able to watch DVDs with other people without having to resort to lugging external speakers around.

I am able to get music files loud enough to hear though, which I found fairly odd. Is there anything I can tweak on the Realtek settings? I'm using either media player or meda center to watch DVDs.

Unfortunately . the 5791 speakers are not very powerfull (1.5 W I think) and they will be audible only on a small scale. You can use different codec packs for movies, to amplify the sound, among which I would recommend FFDSHOW , or you can try running the movies with MPLAYER , which has an option to amplify the sound upto 2x the volume.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
    X