• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about upgrading

Well i just purchased a 9261. I am currently working in Iraq and as far as upgrading the laptop from the current dual 8700gt to the 8800's can i do that myself or do i need to send the laptop back stateside for any upgrading period? I ask only because i will be going to a remote site some and this will be my only form of communication over the net etc.
    Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; 3X200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; Personalized!

if you choose to do it yourself which is VERY easy, however your warranty gets removed when you "open the laptop". I don't think how well thats gona work out, cause usually yo u gotta clean your fans every two months, cause it gets clogged up by dirt. So am i to sent my laptop back to xoticpc just so they can clean my fans?

And if you go to remote site where your only form of communication will be the net, and if you were capable of changing it yourself; how would you be able to get the 8800M shipped to your remote place? Assuming that the only form of communication is through net, and mailing would be considered a form of communication. However, unless you are trying to say if you mail the laptop so that they could upgrade it, you wont be able to call them to see the status of the upgrade and how much longer it is going to take, whether perhaps they are out-of-stock on the 8800m then you wont even know. You will be waiting and waiting.. days may turn into dreadful weeks. Then i would suggest buying TWO LAPTOPS! hehe jking!
    Sager np9261
    WUXGA - Quad Core 2.4 - nVidia7950Single - 200gig 7200 RPM - Windows Vista 64bit - 4 Gig 800mhz ram

Comment

For cleaning fans, you can use cans of compressed air.
      For the upgrade, yes,the unit has to shipped back to XoticPc or the warranty is voided
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

how could they tell if you have opened the laptop. Are there seals or something that will break if opened?

Comment

When i say remote i am implying a smaller site where there are not alot of people. Typically places like baghdad or balad mail gets in and out rather quickly being tha they are major hubs, where i am going that is not the case so mail will take a considerable longer ammount of time to get to me. With that being said as far as the new gpu's are concened could i just order them alone and install them myself, i understand that i will void the warranty but i just want to know if that is possible and would i need to call that order in? Also how much would 2 8800m gpu's cost?
          Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; 3X200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; Personalized!

Comment

At this time we do not have a price for the 8800m. We will know more in a couple weeks, feel free to e-mail me around December 6th

Comment

Originally posted by xpcdude
              For cleaning fans, you can use cans of compressed air.
              For the upgrade, yes,the unit has to shipped back to XoticPc or the warranty is voided
              Is this true? how much does it usually cost for Xotic to perform the upgrade?

Voided warranty for switching out MXM cards?

Comment

Unfortunately yes, the upgrade must be made by XoticPc. However, until the 6th of December, there is no word on the availability of the 8800MGTX for the 5791. But rest assured that when the word comes in, XoticPC will let you guys know
                Personal Quote :
                Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
                Your laptop will always lag next to her
                I would configure her with bigger...
                Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
                X