• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yuan MPC788 Hybrid TV tuner isn't detecting DVB, remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuan MPC788 Hybrid TV tuner isn't detecting DVB, remote

I received Yuan MPC788 Hybrid Tuner a couple weeks after I got my notebook because of a back order issue.

I was fine with this after not getting my notebook for a few weeks but you have to install it yourself which worried me about my warranty. I called Sager and they told me that this was just fine and wouldn't void my warranty, otherwise they wouldn't have sent it to me via mail.

The installation was very simple
    The documentation was a small thin piece of paper.
    Finding online documentation is near impossible unless you can read Japanese, Taiwanese or whatever it is.

But I have several software issues.

a: The CyberLink "Power Cinema 4" on the main installation disk is non-existent. The product key is on the CD sleeve but no product.

b: After installing the software it could only detect Analog TV (rather well) but cannot detect any Digital Video Broadcast in the pre-installed Nero or Windows Media center. Maybe it would work with the Power Cinema but I kinda doubt it if it doesn't in 2 other programs.

c: I went to setup my BisonCam built in camera for video conferencing via MSN and when BisonCam is launched it now pulls it's video from the Yuan tuner. Ya! It opens and I see local TV instead of me! I imagine this is something I can fix via source settings but I haven't figured it out yet. I can't find the bison cam drivers on the utilities CD or Clevo or Sager's website. So if you could direct me the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

d: The remote is an IR remote (Infrared Red) and it appears that the 901c chassis has an IR receiver to the left of the audio inputs/outputs but I can't seem to find it in the Device Manager under any of the catagories. I hope its connected because the remote won't work at all.

Any information would be greatly appreciated because I'm using this notebook as kind of a travel tool and the tuner is an important tool to me. I travel in between Cleveland, Buffalo and Pittsburgh (and Morgantown WV) for work and I like to pick up local news stations when the snow becomes heavy in these mountainous regions. The DVB has the best travel information in my neighborhood (Cleveland) and it doesn't work at all.
    Sager 9261
    2.4G Quad Core
    1 (for the time being) nVidia 8700
    2 Gigs of memory (shoulda got 4)
    3 Seagate Momentus 160GB's in RAID 5
    Yuan Hybrid TV tuner w remote
    Bluetooth II
    Wireless A/B/G/N that works real well

I stand corrected, the link is there but nonfunctional

I stand corrected because the Clevo download mirrors 1&2 for "Bison 1.3M pixels UVC vid cam driver for Vista 64-bit" are present but when you click on them you get the ol' "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" result. Instead of the program downloading.

I was however able to download "Video Camera driver for VISTA 64-bit" which is older than the file named "Bison 1.3M pixels UVC etc etc etc".

I don't know if I want to install this program because I'm not totally positive it has anything to do with Bison's stuff or not. :roll:

(addition to the post a couple hours later------)
    I downloaded the PowerCinema 5 trial edition, the most recent version of powercinema and it still doesn't capture or receive Digital Video. (Yes, I did place the antenna near a window, as a matter of fact I scotch taped it to the window to keep it upright) SO I went to visit my neighbor Keith who receives DVB on a really nice Samsung and I snagged his powered DVB antenna's lead and plugged it in. (Much to his 10:45PM Sunday disgruntlement :lol: ) I ran the setup again.

Guess What? ---- Nothin Did I get a dud or is there something I'm forgetting?
    Sager 9261
    2.4G Quad Core
    1 (for the time being) nVidia 8700
    2 Gigs of memory (shoulda got 4)
    3 Seagate Momentus 160GB's in RAID 5
    Yuan Hybrid TV tuner w remote
    Bluetooth II
    Wireless A/B/G/N that works real well

Comment

Working...
    X