• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little disappointed with Xotic and the 5791 video option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little disappointed with Xotic and the 5791 video option

I ordered my 5791 on Monday December 3rd.

At that time the 5791 had both the 8700gt and the 7950gtx as options for the video card. However it mentioned that the 7950 had a 2-5 day backorder.

So I ordered and didn't worry too much because even with a 2-5 day backorder, I would still be able to get my system before the 26th, which is when i'm going back to school. I study overseas so I need the system pretty much asap.

I just checked again and now the 7950 is not available with the 5791.

I asked Justin about my order earlier and he said that he would be able to find out tomorrow, December 6th. That's when the 8800 will be available.

The problem is, i'm leaving on the 26th and need a system by then. I really wanted to go with the 7950 because it was a good price point and the card is a strong performer. Now it seems like I will have to go with the 8700gt. Plus even if I considered going with a 8800 card (which would be a tough choice because it will be ridiculously expensive), they wouldn't ship it in time.

I think i'm just unlucky

We have a short supply of 7950's remaining for nearly all existing orders. If there are any problems we will certainly contact you right away.

(We have discontinued future purchased of the 7950GTX do to this limited supply)
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

wow. thanks for addressing that so quickly.

I literally went from to :shock: to

I hope I get one of those remaining 7950s.

Thank again

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
        We have a short supply of 7950's remaining for nearly all existing orders. If there are any problems we will certainly contact you right away.

(We have discontinued future purchased of the 7950GTX do to this limited supply)
        Just spoke to Justin (the other Justin, I think) at Xotic. Seems that they don't actually have the 7950gtx available and will find out on Monday. I'm thinking I might have to just go with the 8700gt.

Time is somewhat of an issue, so i'm having a tough time deciding if I should even wait until Monday to find out the status of the 7950, or if I should just call again and ask them to change my order to the 8700.

How much of a performance hit am I going to take if I go with the 8700 instead of the 7950?

Comment

assuming DX9, since the 7950 does not do DX10, the 7950 is about 25% faster.

Comment

Sadly, patience is not a virtue of mine. I think I might just call tomorrow and have them build my system with the 8700gt.

Was hoping for the 7950, but I guess it's ok. I hope they will be able to get it out to me relatively fast.

Comment

well since that 8700 GT is $100 cheaper than the 7950 GTX why not just use the $100 saving to get two 8700 sli. I think it would only cost an extra $200 once you subtract the 7950 GTX that were hoping to get.

Comment

Working...
              X