• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8800GTX Pre Order Sager Notebook 5792 / Sager 9262

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8800GTX Pre Order Sager Notebook 5792 / Sager 9262

We are pleased to announce the 8800GTX is now available for Pre-Order.

The new Sager NP5792 is expected to ship in late December. The 5792 will have a promotion running for Pre-Orders. Receive $50 Off the upgrade to 4GB of Ram.

The new Sager NP9262 with single video card is expected to ship in late December. SLI Configurations are expected to ship mid to late January (Depending on the driver release schedule). The 9262 will have a promotion running for Pre-Orders. Receive $100 Off the upgrade to 4GB of Ram.

The Sager promotions on both models will run until 12/31/07.
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Justin,
    You have a price on the 5792?

Edit: check that seen price of $2072....

Comment

Mid to Late Jan?

Just placed my order this morning on the 9262. I'm so excited, but disappointed that the shipping date is sliding on it with the SLI configuration. Up till this post, I have been reading late December.

Here's hoping the drivers come on through and that you will be able to beat that January time frame.

Comment

So what about in the way of 15" models with the 8800m. Obviously as of now you only have the two 17" models. I was aware that some companies that have been known to use the same base clevo/sager or whatever are coming out with a 15" that has the 8800. Is there any word on what Sager is planning to do with that?

Comment

Grrr frustrated! Just checked the cost for a 9262 configuration using 8800 in SLI... came to the same price as my 7950 SLI rig that is barely 3 months old.

Sob.

Any chance we can apply for an extension on the deal for upgrading to the 8800? With Christmas and all, I'm not going to be able to drop that kinda money within the window we've been given. I would certainly like to, more likely around March though. Think this can be done?

Comment

Review of the NP5792

I for one have had a lot of trouble finding a review of the NP5792, mostly because it hasn't come out yet, but I went looking around and even asked on some forums. What I found was the ROCK version of the Sager NP5792. The the NP5792 that Xotic offers is basically the same laptop without the stupid X on the touchpad. This review shows many benchmarks on some of older and more modern games like Crysis and Bioshock. It's a pretty good review and reassured me that this laptop was the one for me.

Here is the website address:
            http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebo...-T7800-8800/p1

I hope this helps everyone as much as it helped me!

Comment

You should read reviews of the 5790 or the 5791. These laptops are essentially the same, except for the 8800M GTX video card, which is only in the 5792.

You can get a good idea of every other aspect of the laptop.

Check out www.notebookreview.com.

The 5792 is a strong choice for sure though and the 8800 is going to rule for sure.

Comment

canucklehead:

I asked the same question and it was pointed out the the upgrade period goes until June. I'll probably think about getting one around then myself if they really won't be available afterwards, but I honestly think I can get more time out of the 8700 in my 5791 without suffering much in the way of games. 800 bucks is alot to justify for a system that already runs everything I throw at it with no problems, but I want to keep my notebook as current as I can as long as I can, so I'm torn.

Comment

You're in a better boat than I am, I've got 2 7950s, which are good cards, but an upgrade to 8800(s) is going to be a big improvement, especially since Vista 64 bit doesn't seem to get all the juice from the cards as it should be. I sure hope SLI has better support for the 8800s, as it's a crapshoot with the 7950s whether both cards will actually work.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryantes
                    You should read reviews of the 5790 or the 5791. These laptops are essentially the same, except for the 8800M GTX video card, which is only in the 5792.

You can get a good idea of every other aspect of the laptop.

Check out www.notebookreview.com.

The 5792 is a strong choice for sure though and the 8800 is going to rule for sure.
                    Looking at the notebookreview.com review of the Sager NP5791 just makes me want my NP5792 even more. The quality that Sager and resellers like Xoticpc put into it is very high. The Benchmarks for the NP5791 are very exciting to me, exspecially since my old Dell Dimension desktop is barely able to play Crysis at the lowest levels available, pretty sad I know . However this laptop is able to play games like Crysis, Bioshock, and other modern games at a higher setting with better performance. I also have to remind myself after see these benchmarks that this is only with the GeForce 8700M GT not the 8800 GTX that promises much better performance overall and is offered on the NP5792.

For the actually website of the review on notebookreview.com click here:
                    http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4056

If your more interested in the Benchmarks click here:
                    http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4060
                    ** Keep in mind though that this is only with the 8700 GT not the 8800 GTX that the NP5792 comes with!**

I hope this additional review comes in handy as well. Thanks Aryantes for pointing this review out!!

Comment

Working...
                    X