• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager longevity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager longevity?

Well, Im looking at purchasing a new laptop again. Most likely a 5791/2.

I bought my first Sager 9860 about 10 days after it was released not knowing of the potential heat issue that eventually caused the mobo and video card to fail. I didnt purchase a warranty because it wasnt even an option from where I bought it from. Mine lasted 2 years before it died on me last fall. I looked at getting it repaired last winter and spending $400 to replace broken parts or $900 to upgrade to the next video card wasnt worth it for a laptop that has heat issues that are due to the processor/video card. Most likely it would have gotten fixed, then it would have had the same thing happen a year down the road.

Now my question is, has Sager gotten any better with the longevity of their laptops? I dont want to be messing around with it dying because of a heat issue, even with a 3 year warranty.

Also, those that have, or have worked with the 57XX series of laptops, have you had any major problems that seem to be consistent with that series?

I am looking at getting the 8800 video card version, but if it is going to cause major heat issues, I will stay away, take a performance hit, and get the one with the 8700 in it. Any thoughts on this?

TIA

That is unfortunate that you had problems with a sager notebook Sager makes very dependable long lasting notebooks, also XoticPC offers excellent warranties and has 24/7 domestic technical support

You can purchase the 8800 is either the 5792 or the 9262 laptops found on our website

Comment

FWIW,

I have an 8 yr old Sager, and recently called and received a high degree of tech support for my problem

Comment

Thanks for the post, jimbob, it is always good to hear when a satisfied customer has held on to a laptop that long.
        Matthew N
        Sales & Customer Service
        [email protected]
        1-877-289-9684 Ext 529
        www.xoticpc.com

I am also available via Live Chat - Monday thought Friday 9:00-5:30 Central time.
        Add my name to the question box and it will come right to me

Comment

this 3 year old beast that the warrenty from xotic just ran out on still runs like a champ, which is saying something because i just learned i should redo the thermal compound anually for optimal life span, dual 8800 gtxs and never had an issue other then you cant software oc the dang thing cause of pesky factory locked gpus!

ordered my new beast from these xotic guys because they know what theyre doing and help you get exactly what you want.
          *THE BEAST MARK 2*
          Sager NP9570 / Clevo P570WM 120 HZ MATTE 17.3 inch full hd 1080p
          i7-3970X Extreme, 3.5-4.0GHz 15MB L3 smart cache - 6 cores / 12 threads
          16 gigs DDR3 1600 MHZ QUAD CHANNEL ram
          SLI (2x) - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780M (8,192MB) PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
          win 8
          intel ultimate N
          6x blu ray/8x burner
          2x512 gig SAMSUNG 840 PROdrives 540 READ 520 WRITE, 750 GB PLATTER FOR BACKUP
          phase 1: 6-12-13 order placed
          phase 2: 6-14-13 yay!
          phase 3: 6-24-13
          phase 4: 7-02-13 shipped!

Comment

My almost 3 year old 9262 is running like a champ.
            Sager NP8170-S1
            Windows 7 Ultimate x64
            120GB Intel 510 Series SSD (SATA III)
            500GB Secondary Hard Drive (7200rpm)
            ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD6970
            12,228MB DDR3 1333MHz Memory
            Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM, 2nd Generation

SAGER NP9262
            Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
            2x 160gig HD (RAID-0)
            4,096MB DDR2 800MHz
            GeForce 9800 GT 512mb