• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Order Status Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Order Status Updates

Justin,

As we approach mid December I just wanted to see if you will have an update for those of us who pre-ordered a machine with the 8800.

Also have you heard any additional information for those of us who pre-ordered them in SLI.

Thanks,
    Jason

At this time there are no status updates we are still on schedule for

5792: Shipping to Start Late December

9262: Shipping to Start Late December

Orders with SLI are expected to ship mid to late January (Depending on the driver release schedule)

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Is it safe to assume that the idea of shipping the SLI systems with a single card or with the second card disabled have been scrapped?

Thanks,

Jason

Comment

At this time the only information available is: Orders with SLI are expected to ship mid to late January (Depending on the driver release schedule)

We will not be shipping before that time on SLI configurations

Comment

As a customer who has pre-ordered the 9262 in SLI, i must say I am somewhat disappointed and disheartened by this response. I had been hearing late December to mid January and now you are saying mid to late January. I certainly hope that xoticpc (and other's selling this config) are using all the leverage at their disposal to ensure these drivers are issued asap. At some point it becomes a matter of credibility. The Sager platform in this config has been offered for preorder with this timeline for delivery, giving the expectation that it would be deliverable as promised. Other vendors, such as AW and Dell, have not offered the pre-order of 8800 SLI systems or given a definite date, other than 1st quarter. That is one of the reasons that I chose the 9262, because I did not feel I could wait (work related as well as play). Please do not allow this time slippage to continue and give us reason to regret the decisions we have made.

Comment

You can be assured we are using all resources to get a proper solution ASAP. Mid to Late January was originally listed as the target date for SLI. We are still working on final specifics of the bridge cable from nVIDIA and SLI Release and Drivers. We will have more information soon on SLi configurations.
            Justin Nolte
            [email protected]
            http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

Do you know when you'll start building them? Have the cards arrived yet?

...please arrive before Christmas, please arrive before Christmas, please arrive before Christmas...

Comment

that would be quite the gift

Hopefully we know more soon.

I ordered the single just to make sure I get it earlier. Will buy SLI when available hehe.

Comment

Bump. Periodic updates, even if nothing has changed, would be appreciated.

Comment

people are saying the ship date is getting pushed back to early Jan instead of late december.

Does this hold true for XoticPC? I would assume so hehe.

Comment

We have no updates at this time, If there is to be a delay we will post information at that time. Shipping is still scheduled to start late December

Orders with SLI are expected to ship mid to late January (Depending on the driver release schedule)

Comment

That is good to hear.

I hope late december means right after christmas. I am drooling immensely while I type on my dell 600m with 64meg radeon 9000 :oops:

Comment

Tell me about it! My HP bit the dust, and I'm using a loaner with a whopping 32 meg GeForce 420. Here's the worst part, my co-worker was just about to order a new HP 9000 series, when I told him about Sager and Xotic PC. He opted not to wait for the 8800, and ordered the 5791. He just got it, and has been using it for the past 3 days.

Freak, it is so nice....

I just hope holding out for the 8800 is worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by bgoat
                            Tell me about it! My HP bit the dust, and I'm using a loaner with a whopping 32 meg GeForce 420. Here's the worst part, my co-worker was just about to order a new HP 9000 series, when I told him about Sager and Xotic PC. He opted not to wait for the 8800, and ordered the 5791. He just got it, and has been using it for the past 3 days.

Freak, it is so nice....

I just hope holding out for the 8800 is worth the wait.
                            It's going to be sad to see so many peoples hopes broken by the mother board swaps....
                            Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
                            17" WUXGA
                            Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
                            4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
                            1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
                            500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
                            nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
                            http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Sigh!!! Christmas morning and no 9262 w/dual SLI under the tree.

PCSanta broke my heart.

PCNewYearsBaby, hope you do better.

Comment

Working...
                              X