• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to get some answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get some answers

Hello,

I have some issues with my G1S and I'm not sure where to go from here,
    These are my issues;
    1. The right edge of the screen is dark, darker than the rest of the screen and noticable from all angels. - I was told by ASUS to call in for an RMA to get the screen replaced. I haven't done that yet, as I am not sure what to do about the next two issues.
    2. When the battery charge is complete, it crashes to blue screen and reboots. This happens about 85% of the time. ASUS has not responded to this issue.
    3. My Hard drive is always spinning, frequent starts and stops but is never idle for more than 3/10ths of a second. This issue was reported shortly after getting the laptop - thought I had it fixed after installing Vista business - but it returned a day or 2 later.

With these 3 issues, I think I got a lemon. I really don't want to send it in for repair but rather negotiate an exchange. I can't really afford to be without it for more than a few days - I run a small business and I really need a laptop to do my Job. It needs to be a gaming Laptop because of the CAD and graphics that I do.

Here are my questions;
    1. Who do I talk to about an exchange, Xotic or ASUS?
    2. If I MUST send it in for repair, can I get all this fixed from the same place and at the same time? I don't want to send to ASUS for the screen, then send it to Xotic for the other 2 issues. To much time in the mail and to much chance for it to be damaged even more in shipping.
    3. How long do repairs normally take on average?

I really love this laptop and ASUS is a number 1 company, anyone thinking about buying an ASUS please do so, I think I was just unlucky with this one. I have purchased several motherboards from ASUS and never had an issue on my desktops.

Previous ticket number, 7E5Q1g6I2o5p8J
    I tried to re-open the ticket but I guess it didn't work as I haven't gotten a reply yet, no I haven't called your tech support yet for certain reasons.

Thanks

Note: If the G1S-A1 model is no longer available, I am more than willing to pay the differance for the B2 model.

You can view the Asus warranty information here

Please contact XoticPC and we can view your information on your order and will be able to let you know more information at that time.

Comment

Working...
    X