• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP9262 vs. Alienware m17x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP9262 vs. Alienware m17x

Hi everybody,

I ordered my Sager NP9262 with 8800M SLi on the 15th December and already can't wait to receive it - I do hope they are getting their finger out at Clevo/nVidia to get this machine up and running.

On another note, I see that Alienware have released pictures of their new laptops the m15x and m17x - which support 8800's which had me pondering if they were made by Clevo, but apparently they haven't used Clevo designs since the M9700.

Does anybody know why Alienware dropped Clevo designs? I gather they are using Arima now - rumour has it they are a lower cost manufacturer, or have I got it wrong - are Arima more reliable than Clevo?

Alienware claims that their new laptops are the most powerful laptops ever created, but in comparison to a D901C I do not see how this is possible, given that I am working on the assumption that Alienware uses the mobile Core2Duo CPU and the D901C is quad core capable.

What are your thoughts on this.
    Sager NP9262 (on pre-order)

The beginning:
    Core2Duo E6850
    4GB RAM
    2x 8800M GTX SLi
    1x 80GB HDD
    TV Tuner, SB X-Fi Xpress

The Finished project:
    Core2Quad Q6600 (or better)
    2x 32/64GB SATA SSD's
    1x 250GB+ HDD in bay 3

When I was considering Alienware.... their prices were all I noticed. They do offer unique laptop case design, but I am pretty sure that is all they contribute. I am a fan of a sleek looking laptop, but for an extra thousand dollars probably not; and the Sager laptops don't actually look too shabby. The new Alienware laptops aren't actually up for pre-order yet and I am sure they have their own share of problems. Performance wise... we will have to wait and see. I don't doubt that their $5000 laptops will lack in power, but I am pretty sure you could get the same from Sager at a much lower price.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Working...