• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager NP9262 Gaming Laptop SLi Delay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sager NP9262 Gaming Laptop SLi Delay

    Sager was informed by (Clevo) that (D901C) Sager NP9262 SLi configuration has been delayed until end of February’08. A special package with a end-user self install SLi kit will be available for $695 for a limited time for customer that has purchased Sager NP9262 with single nVIDIA GF 8800M GTX graphics card.

    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

  • #2
    Hi Justin,

    Speaking as a UK resident customer who has placed an order for the 9262 with 2 x 8800's in SLi, what options are available to the likes of us?

    The SLi upgrade kit you are talking about - I assume this will become available once the SLi configuration becomes available?

    Would it not be possible to receive the laptop with 1x8800 and send the SLi kit along separately?

    or how about sending both cards, and the cable separately?

    There has to be a solution to the problem which is amicable for all concerned.

    Regards

    Andy
    Sager NP9262 (on pre-order)

    The beginning:
    Core2Duo E6850
    4GB RAM
    2x 8800M GTX SLi
    1x 80GB HDD
    TV Tuner, SB X-Fi Xpress

    The Finished project:
    Core2Quad Q6600 (or better)
    2x 32/64GB SATA SSD's
    1x 250GB+ HDD in bay 3

    Comment


    • #3
      I also ordered the dual-SLI configuration in good faith and have seen that delivery date slip and slip. I really don't care if it is Nvidia's fault or Clevo's fault or whoever. I ordered it form Xotic and they're the ones that are responsible to me. I'm going to need mine now with the one card and when it's ready for the second, I'll either return it or you can send me the kit and I will get it installed. The next question that I have is what kind of assurance are we going to get that in February we're not going to be told that this just isn't going to work and end up costing us more money.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by whiteshadowen
        I also ordered the dual-SLI configuration in good faith and have seen that delivery date slip and slip. I really don't care if it is Nvidia's fault or Clevo's fault or whoever. I ordered it form Xotic and they're the ones that are responsible to me. I'm going to need mine now with the one card and when it's ready for the second, I'll either return it or you can send me the kit and I will get it installed. The next question that I have is what kind of assurance are we going to get that in February we're not going to be told that this just isn't going to work and end up costing us more money.
        Single orders are supposedly going to ship late december, as scheduled.

        I don't think you should be holding Xotic responsible for anything, as they simply have to abide by Clevo/Nvidia's schedules.

        I have ordered the 9262 with a single 8800 and will be waiting for the 8800 SLI to be available.

        If they say that the upgrade kit will be available, then that is what I will go by. There have been no hints that it will not be possible, if this were the case, then the 9262 is a MAJOR FAILURE, which I don't think will happen.

        A price has been released for the upgrade, as well as the fact that it is end-user installable, the date may slip but that is normal with everything. That is enough info for me and I will NOT be canceling anything with Xotic and I will NOT be demanding any action from them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Well I'm happy for you Aryantes. Not all of us can afford to have that carefree an attitude about it. I need this for my work so I don't have that luxury.

          Comment


          • #6
            I need this for work as well, hence I am getting the single 8800M GTX so i get the laptop sooner. ( I would be impressed if you require SLI 8800M GTX in a mobile platform for work )

            What you requested in your post is exactly what is being done.

            Everybody who ordered will get their laptops now, whether it be single or dual GPU. the second one will be delivered later, in an end-user self install kit, as shown in the original post.

            What is the problem? Do you want Xotic to give you free stuff if it does not meet the end of February deadline? Do you want them to magically ship you a laptop with working SLI 8800's if it is not done by end of February? Do you want a different laptop instead?

            Comment


            • #7
              Here is a question we received and some additional information:

              do you know if there would be an issue if the resellers shipped the systems with the 2nd cards and cables and the consumer could just wait for the driver release? Even if the card and cable were in a separate container and the install could be done when the driver is released?
              At this time we don't know as there are no driver for sli v-bios for testing. Even if the the 2nd card HW is the same the V-BIOS will for sure be different. We have no idea on how the flashing will work this round as a flex cable is in play, we won't know untill the v bios is issued.

              Possible that

              1. Both cards installed and just using custom boot cd and flash tool command line to flash between master / slave cards. (what Sager would like to happen)

              2. Cards needs to be flashed one at a time in the master slot, meaning user needs to flash swap card flash swap card place the correct card in the correct slot.

              If 2 is the case wouldn't it be better that sager first prep the 2nd card with the right v bios and the user just have to update the first and install th 2nd?

              Sager will make their decisions of how to ship based on what will be the least trouble for the end-users, once they are able to run testing themselves.
              Justin Nolte
              [email protected]
              http://www.xoticpc.com

              Comment


              • #8
                So with all these recent delays, are they pushing back the start date for the upgrade program? While on that note do you know what information if any will need to be submitted to do a upgrade? Such as proof of purchase warranty ect.

                Comment


                • #9
                  There is no confirmed information at this time, but more than likely the upgrade packages will be pushed back due to the delay. We will post more information once it is available.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X