• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP5792 Glossy vs Matte and battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP5792 Glossy vs Matte and battery

Which would you recomend, glossy or matte screen? Is the color on the glossy realy worth the glare? and is the glare that bad outside or in a classroom (like as bad as on a Wega TV)? also are the fans on the notebook louder than a ATI x850xt stock fan, etc (enough to disrupt a classroom setting)? Is there a diffrence in battery life between the two screens?

Also what type of battery does it take? Is it possible to get a higher quality aftermarket battery that will last longer than an hour or two? If so what are the specs that I need to look for a proper one that will fit and work right?

Thanks for all the info! Ordering my NP5792 Jan 2nd!

:twisted: Dr. Thompson :twisted:

Glossy has better color contrast and better brightness,but produces glare when outside or next to a light source.Pretty useless when outdoors.
    Matte is explained as non glare,with lower brightness.Better outdoors.
    The fans are normal for the laptop and usage.Check other threads for it.
    Battery life is better on matte.
    OEM battery,no specific brand. You have to email Sager for different batteries.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

I agree that the glossy screen is useless outdoors. However, a classroom lighting, especially the floresents shouldn't be a big problem. The fan noise in a classroom would be distracting to others... if its a big college lecture hall you might be able to get away with it, but otherwise it would be distracting.
      Sager NP5792
      Alienware M11x-R1
      WUXGA Glossy
      11.6" WXVGA Glossy
      2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
      1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
      GeForce 8800GTX
      GeForce GT 335m
      4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
      4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
      200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
      128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD