• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RealTek Digital Audio Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealTek Digital Audio Connection

I am trying to hook up my 9260 to my receiver via a digital connection. I keep reading about S/PDIF, and one of the audio jacks on the front of the laptop is apparently this type of connection. The problem is that I have no idea what kind of cable plugs into it! It's obviously a smaller jack, and the coaxial digital jacks are too big for the slot. Does anyone know what kind of cable will plug into my lappy and then into a digital input on my receiver?

Thanks!

It sounds to me like a 3.5 mm male to RCA male plug.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...d=10218&style=

Product ID# 665

3.5mm male coax cable to RCA male plug would be better but I couldn't seem to find one on there.[/url]

Comment

But an RCA plug would be an analog connection wouldn't it?

Comment

I'm not an expert, but I don't believe so. My receiver and my DVD player both have optical and RCA connections for digital audio. I had my cable receiver connected via the optical connection and my DVD player connected via the RCA connection and DVDs played with digital sound.

Comment

Justin, have you guys tested the SB Live External USB Card to see if the optical connection works under Vista 64 bit? On the SB product page it says S/PDIF pass-through is supported only on XP and 32-bit Vista.

Comment

Working...
          X