• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prices 1/16/08 and Notebook Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices 1/16/08 and Notebook Cooler

Any chance prices for the Penryn processors will go up once they are in; that is, on or soon after 1/16/08 (like are these pre-order sale prices we are seeing now)?

Also has anyone bought and tested that notebook cooler? Does it make a difference and is it worth it? Please post your opinions....

Thnx,

Dr.Thompson

My previous laptop was a Dell running with a nvidia 6800. I used a large surfaced CoolerMaster with 2 active fans. It is pretty much just a 1/8" inch aluminum slab with the fan holes cut, and that made a huge difference on my Dell when sitting directly on my lap.

My NP9262 actually made an audible alarm when it got too hot (moving it to a better location made the alarm stop right away). So if you're running a high-end nvidia card and aren't playing on a cool flat surface then any kind of cooling device will help.

As long as the other issues with my NP9262 are worked out I'll probably get a cooler.

Comment

Cool beans, thanks for the info mate. Exactly the response I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
      X