• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Does the NP926X just have bad sound/speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Does the NP926X just have bad sound/speakers?

I am experiencing something like -9db @ 420hz and would properly expect something closer to a bottom end of closer to 300hz for laptop speakers.

I checked this with a frequency sweep application and an old Dell 12" laptop with a single speaker. There was a noticeable audio drop below 280hz on this reference laptop.

Performing the same test on my new Sager NP9262 there was a large dip at 650hz and a larger drop off at 420hz.

Consider this - normal sound, voices, music, and such will sound extremely distorted without the 400-600hz audio range. Orchestras tune their instruments to 440hz on the clarinet, so a sound drop including that range is *extremely* bad to producing anything close to what you even hear on the telephone.

Are any other users experiencing these symptoms?

Well I am getting some response from the lower left speaker, but not the lower right. So Sager is authorizing a return. It's disappointing to return a machine with DoA parts :/

Comment

Working...
    X