• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager NP9262 Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager NP9262 Questions.

Hello, I am looking to buy a very powerful desktop replacement.
    From what I have heard, Sager is the way to go!
    This is a very large investment for me, and I want to make sure I have everything perfect before I buy it.

First off, is the NP9262 model the way to go if I want the most power for gaming and any other demanding programs?

Processor:
    The Core 2 Duo extreme costs more than the Quad (2.66), but does that mean it is more powerful? Or just more costly to make at the moment?
    I am looking for the most powerful processor, but I know very little about them.

GPU:
    From what I have heard, the SLI graphics cards are unavailable for the NP9262 until Feb, 8.
    If I purchased the 8800 GTX and waited until Feb, 8 (or later) to upgrade it, how much would the install kit cost, and how easy is it to install?
    (I have never changed anything other than RAM in a laptop and the idea of adding something into such a small area scares me!)
    Also, if I were to mess up somehow, would the kit have some kind of warranty?

Color:
    I was thinking about getting a custom color for it, but I was wondering if you had pictures of laptops with certain colors.
    I know you have a section that shows your custom designs, but I would like to see what the colors would look like when on the laptop.

If there are any other components you think I would need to get the best performance, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Edit: I was in a rush when I posted this so I didn't do the proper searching before hand, but I found the information I needed on previous posts.

1) the 9262 isthe most powerful laptop in the world.Safe to say it can do anything you want

2)The extreme CPUs will perform better in 2 threadead applications, but if an application is multithreaded, the Quad will handle it better. Quad cores are also more futureproof.

3)If you purchase the non SLI version you can add the 2nd card later.Or you can send the unit to xoticpc to perform it for you.

4) You can get the laptop custom painted into whichever color or model you would like. Send an email to [email protected] for informations about the custom painting. But yes, it can be painted in just one color also.

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken there was an announcement about the quad processors regarding the fact that they are not suitable for use in notebooks atm as they slowly burn your system...so I'd go with a dual-core to protect your investment...

Comment

The revised revisions of the 9262 allow it to run the Quad Cores in maximum safety.
        Personal Quote :
        Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
        Your laptop will always lag next to her
        I would configure her with bigger...
        Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

CANT WAIT

I just bought a Sagean 9262 with the Core 2 Quad E6600. I can't wait for it to come. O i didn't get the SLI because it is way too expensive. i think the single 8800 GTX should handle any game right now + my quad core ability. CANT WAIT!!! :P :twisted:
          Sager NP9262. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8MB L2Cache, 1066Mhz FSB. Nvidia 88800M GTX 512MB. 160 & 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3) 4,096MB DDR2 800 . 1920 x 1200 Glossy Screen Resolution. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B.

Comment

xpcdude. So is the Sagean 9262 really the most powerful? I certainly hope and think it is. This is the first laptop, that i saw, that can have the 8800m GTX in SLI and a quad core with 3 hard drives all in one!!! i hope mine arrives well and work like a breeze out of da box!! :twisted: 8)
            Sager NP9262. Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz, 8MB L2Cache, 1066Mhz FSB. Nvidia 88800M GTX 512MB. 160 & 200GB 7200RPM (Serial-ATA II 3) 4,096MB DDR2 800 . 1920 x 1200 Glossy Screen Resolution. Windows Vista Home Premium 64-B.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, I am ordering it with a single video card now, and will probably update it in the future.

I am really looking forward to getting this, my brother bought me Crysis for X-mas, and it has been staring a me from my desk wanting me to play it!

Comment

I've been fairly pleased with mine.

The thing I noticed is that the dual core and dual core extremes have a higher clocked front-side bus. I'm not sure if that will result in any significant performance difference, but since many games are single-threaded I decided to stay dual-core for now.

When I get mine back from speaker repairs I'll gladly run benchmarks to compare with any quad-core users out there. I'm on Vista 64-bit.

Comment

See the Signature for benchmarks

9262 Q6600 2x160HD Raid 0 2GB Ram Win XP
                  Sager 9262-Quad Q6600, 4GB Windows XP
                  Now running Q9650 & nVidia 179 Physx driver
                  3D Mark Score's all Default settings XP
                  8800 SLI Q6600 - Q9650
                  2001 = 44862 - 54958
                  2003 = 47802 - 50772
                  2005 = 15688 - 19269
                  2006 = 12839 - 15546

Comment