• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the NP5792 subwoofer actually work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the NP5792 subwoofer actually work?

Hi! Just an observation; The subwoofer on my NP5792 doesn't seem to be in use at all! I looked in the realtek audio manager but I can't find a 2.1 configuration! Any word on how to actually use the sub?

You can contact our technical support @ 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) OR 1-(877) 645-9312 for further help

Comment

You can also see by flipping over the machine (next to the battery) that the subwoofer is not that large.
      Justin Nolte
      [email protected]
      http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

I have not had good luck with Sager speakers, if you have a frequency test CD (freq sweeps & such) I recommend trying it out and figuring out the crossover point and low-end for a woofer.

I've tried contacting Sager and Clevo about specs for the frequency response for their speakers since this information would be EXTREMELY USEFUL TO DETERMINING IF I HAD A FAULTY UNIT but have not received a response with that information.

Comment

Well I figured out that it actually works! But its reeeally not very powerful. Yes I know its not big but I used to own a Dell Inspiron 9400 which also had a subwoofer, and I remember it being a lot more effective!

Anyways thats the least of my problems since my headphone jack has now stopped working only work if I plug the headphone half way in, which is a real pain. Anyhow, since I live in Switzerland, it would probably not be worth it to send it back to you guys just to fix this. Do you know if there are any other Clevo service centers around europe?

Comment

Unfortunately there are no clevo/sager repair facilities overseas.

Comment

Working...
            X